Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi   this scrip i am use to export datawindows  to pdf  its work but  Arabic its not support please help   int li_retdw1.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.UsePrintSpec = 'No'dw1.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF!dw1.Object.DataWin...
I have a DW Grid and need many column put with autosize width (3)  but not work I try the solutions in runtime but not work too   I put this dw_1.Modify("fld_desprod.Width.AutoSize='3'" ) dw_1.retrieve(ls_filtro) NOT WORK why...??   I have ...
Hi all, in PB12 it seems, that table and column names was case insensitive. If I try to edit dw DataSource I can do it graphically.  When I migrate to PB2019, 2021, 2022 I cannot edit data source in graphics mode (it displays error :  could not rec...
Hi Team,do we have any Basic training videos from appeon...
Hi Team,   I have registered dotnet dll through regasm and added it to in cache through gacutil and I got successful message in all steps but when I opening powerbuilder I am not able to see the controls from dotnet DLL. PS: I have deleted the dot...
HI   Please   can i have instructions  how to Create a web browser app in PowerBuilder 2022     ...
Hello   In my application the users upload pic's files , i save only the file path ( not using a BLOB) . The path is somthing like : \\ server ip \ gloabl directory for all users \ pic file    The problem is  when they open the window to see al...
PB 2022 1878 3D graphs don't work.  I uninstalled PB2021 and since then they don't seem to work in PB2022.  I'm 50% sure that they worked in PB2022 prior to the uninstall, but maybe not.   **NOTE this is from the EXE not the IDE.  It DOES work via...
PS 2020 had a function to get the cache directory: AppeonExtFuncsstrRet = funs.of_GetCacheDir()   Does PS 2022 use a similar structure, and if so where/how to get it? Or can i simply use the window temp directory?...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 R3 1.  Create a graph datawindow by selecting the required table [ Graph Type = Column ] 2.  Right Click and select properties of the created datawindow in the design mode PB Closes without any message. Happiness AlwaysBKR Si...
Hello, Is there a unit testing library for Powerbuilder 17 or 19 or a new version of PBUnit or Powerunit ?...
When we start our Powerbuilder app in a RDP/RDS session - and we close the session (closing with the "X" - so not doing a loggoff) and then reconnect to the same sesion afterwards in many cases the application crashes. It just disappears (got closed)...
I have been building an application since 2001.  This application runs the entire business from POS, HR, Acounts Payable, Punch Clock, Management Reports, C/S, Cash Control, Commissions, etc.  Additionally, it makes several calls to outside 3rd parti...
Hi, our PB 2017 application cannot connect to SQL Server database via SNC when the machine's TLS is 1.3. We recompiled the application using PB 2021 and it still cannot connect. What changes are required in order for a PB application to work/conne...
Hello Team It is September, yay! Is there a tentative date by when PowerBuilder 2022 GA will be available?...
Hello, PB 2022 What's the default installation folder of PB 2022?  Is it C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase ?  Or C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon ? For me it's installation in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase.  Is that correct? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprak...
As far as I know PB runtime is free and necessary to execute desktop applications, is it necessary to run PB runtime msi to install it or just run it one time on any machine and copy the runtime files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBu...
Hello everybody.I just installed version 2022.As you can see from the image, the new version does not see the old runtimes.Did I do something wrong?   Thanks in advance for the reply   ...
Good Morning, folks,we're losing constantly our database connections from our PB application to our Sybase ASE 16. This problem occurs since a couple of weeks. Our network admins cannot see any significant traffic problems.All SQL tools lose their c...
 Hi,           Our application is in PB2019 R3, we need to show .PNG image (size: 50 X 26 pixels) on one of the Grid Datawindow column using Bitmap expression, we would like to know exact Height and Width need to set for showing the image clearly si...

There are no discussions available here currently