Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
When i use the iis to deploy the .net webservice, it shows iis server may have the issue that current users does not have administrative privileges on the server? Anyone knows how to configure that? The server issue or the pb issue? Thanks a lot...
Tengo un data window en formato dd/mm/yyyy Ingreso una fecha 08/08/2018 al momento de perder el foco se cambia la fecha a 08/04/2018, cuando ingreso otra fecha ej, 12/12/2018 me despliega error que no se cumple el test de validación   Alguna idea ...
In the newest version of Powerbuilder 2017, is there a way of importing/inserting .pdf files into a datawindow?   Currently, I know images/pictures can be inserted into a datawindow, but not .pdf files. The issue we are having with image files is t...
Hi All,   Now i want to migrate the PB12 to PB2017, before we using EA server and use the blob to retrurn data from server. With pb2017, how we will handle such situation?...
How can I get if the Windows where my application runs is 32 or 64 bits? (Como puedo obtener si el Windows donde corre mi aplicacion es de 32 o 64 bits)...
Hi, PB documentation says for a classdefinition's LibraryName property: The fully qualified name of the library the class was loaded from.   I;ve created .NET assembly project. But when I try to read this property from c# script, PB assembl...
Hello, I am getting this error while I am trying to run the powerbuilder(Version 12.5) application. I make sure the data source name,user name and password is correct. But still I am getting this error. FYI - My SQL authentication mode is SQL and W...
Hi All, i am trying to deploy a little Pb 2017 R3 application using u_canvas (canvas.pbx) object from first free version of Brad Wery Graphical objects. I get the following error: Failed to parse u_canvas There is a way to deploy Pbx to Appeon We...
Help I migrated to PowerBuilder 2017 R2, in this version SVN is included native, but I can not using a lock of objects, this complicates the develope in my aplication. We are 5 programers and don't know who control a object. When several devel...
Hi Everyone, I've created a pipeline object with two retrieval arguments. When I want to test the pipe object by executing it, a window pops up asking me to specify the retrieval argument, unfortunately I can not key in anything (not editable) withi...
Hi All   I am new to IM - trying to get up to speed.  I opened up an older file in 2017R2 and it migrated up.  It then asked me to select a database profile, then I get an error - "Attempt to open DataWindow failed".  I was able to open the reports...
When printing from the RTF control in 2017 R3 the output is zoomed about 125%.  Has anyone else seen this?  Any idea if there is a work around?  R2 works just fine....
Greetings All, If I install the 30 day trial of PowerServer 2017, can I apply the license later or would I have to uninstall and reinstall? Thank you, Paul...
I saw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cglOa-PIHBg In the video a ASP.Net Core Web Application will be created. Does Powerbuilder 2018 also supports ASP.Net  Web Application? Regards Robert...
What versions of powerserver does PB 2017R3 support deploying to?   Will the deployed application change at all because we are now deploying from R3 instead of R2?  In the past it was required to keep powerserver and the appeon tool kit versions in ...
Hi I read the Help about how this would be done and don't think this will work as expected. This is from the help. Sample with additional information. My remarks are in italic. start sessionscc set connect property localprojpath "D:\temp_svn";loc...
Breaking: 5 new, 14th-18th long numeric values for the color ButtonFace have been confirmed to be found in the wild. Researchers and digital environmentalists are agog over the discovery of these new sub-subspecies… 77633680 81839288 79220952 ...
For the most part I like the new forum software. It seems to continued the previous irritant: it doesn't keep you logged in very long. If I clicked into a question and want to comment, I have to login. The problem is that the login process doesn't ...
Dear users, Does anyone use Sybase ODBC driver  to connect. If yes, would you like to advise the "PB".ini entry setting. We migrate from PB5 and use Reference links: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/TRM/GI11-0862-00/en_US/HTML/tdserm1133.h...
I’m posting to enquire if anyone can help or advise on how to SQL code for a datawindow object using a “NOT EXISTS” or an “EXCEPT” condition – these conditions typically being part of INSERT code whereas datawindow objects are based on SELECT code. ...

There are no discussions available here currently