1. Oscar Rios
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 27 February 2018 20:43 PM UTC

Help

I migrated to PowerBuilder 2017 R2, in this version SVN is included native, but I can not using a lock of objects, this complicates the develope in my aplication. We are 5 programers and don't know who control a object. When several developers taken a same object the first commit it's ok bute the others lose your modifications. Please how we can work in the same object several programers without lose the changes or how can lock the object for one programer.

Ayuda

Migré a PowerBuilder 2017 R2, en esta versión SVN se incluye como nativo, pero no puedo usar un bloqueo de objetos, esto complica el desarrollo en mi aplicación. Somos 5 programadores y no sabemos quién controla un objeto. Cuando varios desarrolladores toman un mismo objeto, el primero confirma que está bien pero los otros pierden sus modificaciones. Por favor, cómo podemos trabajar en el mismo objeto varios programadores sin perder los cambios o cómo puede bloquear el objeto para un programador.

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 2 August 2018 06:54 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

PowerBuilder 2017 R3 is released.  Upgrade to R3 and your problem will be solved.  Also, there are a number of usability enhancements with respect to the integration between PowerBuilder IDE, TortoiseSVN and the SVN repository.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 1 March 2018 00:17 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Attend this webinar about using SVN with PowerBuilder 2017 R2: https://www.appeon.com/company/events/source-control-using-subversion-%E2%80%93-powerbuilder-2017-r2-new-feature.html  

Even if you can't attend sign up so you receive the recording.

Comment
Markus Eckert Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 28 February 2018 07:32 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Oscar

Bruce Armstrong has compiled a short guide on the new NativeSVN feature in R2. It was a helpful start for me.

https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/182-powerbuilder-2017-r2-new-feature-subversion-svn-source-control-support

In the section "Avoiding Merge Conflicts" there's also a short description of how in the case of a conflict, the second developer can merge his changes with the changes from the first developer.

As for locking objects, until R3 you'll have to browse to the object in Explorer and then use TortoiseSVN (or a similar SVN client) to lock it.

Hope this helps!

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 27 February 2018 21:17 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Oscar;

The LOCK feature will be coming in PB 2017 R3 this summer.

As a workaround, please use your SVN client to lock.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Oscar Rios
  2. Tuesday, 27 February 2018 22:15 PM UTC
Sorry Chris, but I not know how use the workaround  to control this version. You have a manual or video where explain this. We are always work with svn and never using the client SVN with Powerbuilder 2012 (we only used the opcions what appear in the menu Power) and now i have to explain to my developers how work SVN with PowerBuilder 2017R2. I will apreciate your help.

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.