1. mike S
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Tuesday, 31 July 2018 17:14 PM UTC

What versions of powerserver does PB 2017R3 support deploying to?  

Will the deployed application change at all because we are now deploying from R3 instead of R2?  In the past it was required to keep powerserver and the appeon tool kit versions in sync.  That no longer seems to be the case?

I need to be able to upgrade my powerbuilder separately from powerserver and be able to support my current production versions.  The old toolkit allowed this to occur, but i don't see anything about this in PB2017 versions.

I need to know whether upgrading to R3 will change my powerserver web application.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 31 July 2018 17:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. # 1

Hi Mike;

Great question ...

No, the PS Toolkit that was added to PB2017 is backwards compatible to PowerServer releases. The PS Toolkit is just not backwards compatible to the old "Appeon for PB" product. So in other words, installing PS2017 that comes with R3 is optional.

Note: the PS that comes with R3 though supports both Web & Mobile development plus, local DB's on Mobile devices (SA & SQLite). Something that your current development PS may not have. Food for thought.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. mike S
  2. Tuesday, 31 July 2018 17:59 PM UTC
thanks chris.

What is not clear to me is what exactly backwards compatible means.

I have a specific build of PS 2016 WEB installed. Is the toolkit generating for that specific build? or the most recent build of 2016? The same question will apply for all PS versions going forward as new builds of those versions are released.

In the past is was made very clear that toolkit and powerserver builds must be the same.

1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 31 July 2018 18:01 PM UTC
It is compatible with PowerServer 2016 build 1128 or newer.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.