Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm converting a web service client call from SOAP to HTTPClient using 2019 R3. The response back from the web service is multipart which means my response contains both XML and binary content. The SOAP implementation gave me a property in the respon...
Hi, How can I read a file of Excel from Powerserver? ...
Hi I have an issue with PDFs generated using native PDF on PB2022. When viewed in IOS the font is not rendered correctly we get dots instead. I belive the fix is to include the fonts in the PDF and there was once an INI option for this but that was...
I'm having some problems connecting to an old Radius server that is stuck on TLS1.0 I'm getting error -19 in HTTPClient mode and -33 in RESTClient = "TLS 1.3 error. The server does not support TLS 1.3." I've set both SecureProtocol and IgnoreServer...
Hi, I have a bunch of applications that are correctly running and I am able to do incremental and full builds, and completely deploy them with no issue (only some warnings). I want to automate the process by deploying them from the command line usi...
PB 2022 1900 I have a window that shows attached files for a transaction using the chromium WebBrowser.  This window will retrieve the file from the database, write it out to ..AppData\Local\Temp\Famous\Doc.pdf and then I fire the Navigate using tha...
Hi Team, Recently i upgraded my PowerBuilder application from PB2019 to PB2022 R2. Application migrated successfully. We are using orcascript for the build and deployment. But when i do the build its showing error.  I have checked on the build machi...
Hi, When creating a runtime, when should one choose TX v15 or TX v28? This applies to PB2021 as well as earlier runtimes; and partially to PB2022. Partially, since on PB2022 there is only one TX checkbox. It looks like we use the legacy Rich Text e...
Good day! I am working on an app that will be deployed to a 1024 x 768 resolution monitor. I have this name and address fields in the datawindow, some of the details fit in the field but majority does not. How to change the font size in real time if...
Hi all, I'm trying to create a revision to form.  The dw object and control are identical... I'm just changing a couple of values and changing the row status to NewModified! to force an INSERT instead of an UPDATE.   // Create new Workorder ll_New...
When I do CTRL L to verify my event code, I get errors that indicates  MSOLEDBSQL throws a SqlState 42000 OLE DB Driver for SQLServer Incorrect syntax near 'xxx' Yet, when I run this code connecting to this database, the code works, the imbedded sql...
I am currently upgrading a number of applications written about 20 years ago to a database with a new collation sequence and recompiling as PB2022 R2 Power Clients.  I have been asking a number of questions in the Q&A, I apologise for taking so m...
Hi    Please help. I created a wrapper dll using snapdevelop ( see FolderProfile.pubxml ) I import the dll into a powerbuilder 2021 build 1509 I test the application and it worked as expected calling the dll methods and returning expected results...
Hi,  I have a problem that needs support from this community. I have developed a program for cost allocation. Users create allocation rules how to devide original costs in accounting into smaller units (counter units, producst groups, projects, etc...
Hello everyone, since upgrading to PB 2022 R2 i've noticed that the IDE compiler (CTRL+L) no longer reports any embedded sql syntax errors (*) (*) using SAP Sql Anywhere 16 is this an intended new behaviour or is it a bug? tia, simone  ...
In InfoMaker 2022 when I open multiple reports I still see only 1 item in Recent Objects, even though the settings say to show the latest 8 objects.       ...
Currently we use an OLE object to send mail and it works fine.  We have a 32 bit build of our application and a 32 bit version of Outlook. Most of our organization uses 64 bit Outlook so those people cannot use the email function.  In an attempt to ...
Hello Team, I am using PowerBuilder 2019 in my application. The application has an option to save the files as .csv(Comma Separated Value File Type). Our Client wants to change the delimiter from 'comma' to some other special character. Tried to cha...
As the Windows O/S and the exploits of virus/ransomware and anti-virus software has evolved, so too has the generally-accepted location(s) where an application can safely write a temporary file (such as a PDF to be included as an email attachment) to...
Hello there. I have an idea, but i dont know how to solve... 1 - There´s one server computer, and 10 client computers (random number) connecting to the server computer 2 - One app that have getcurrentdirectory and getcontextservice methods 3 - L...

There are no discussions available here currently