Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, How can I add and set the Placeholder property in editmask control? Of course, I can put text value and manipulate it in edit mask control. But maybe it exists a simple solution.   Regards, Pawel  ...
I couldn't find a place for new feature suggestions, so I'll make it here. It would be nice if the PB IDE Modify Expression window were resizable, or at least larger, so we could see more of a complex expression without having to scroll. ...
Hi Experts, I am trying to connect pdf application through ole object. Here I am mentioning the syntax : OLEObject ole_1 ole_1 = CREATE OLEOBJECT ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("AcroExch.Document") ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("AcroExch.App") ole_1.Conne...
Hi     This is my first time working with XML and i want to use the PDOM to build the document. I have this xml exported from a datawindow <?xml version="1.0" ?><Phonebook> <Family> <Malek> <Name>Malek Taha</Name&g...
Is there a way to do profile tracing (not pbdebug) with the PB executable?...
Having made some experimental changes to an object and regretting it, how do I get back the last locally commited object code?     After some back-and-forth I found this way: 1.Right-click on object in PB object browser and select "Open containin...
The new REST API support is great. We are prototyping a web application which shares an API with our PB application. Manipulating the data when reading and saving information is very complex in JavaScript. When manipulating information coming from a...
Appeon Team, Problem: Creating the .exe when deploying a project has slowed down significantly. Details: PowerBuilder IDE Version 2019R3, build 2728. When we’re deploying our projects/creating the .exe the "old way" (some of us aren’t using Powe...
Hi, I am trying to use an API created in C# in my PB application. I am using PB Version 2017 R3 Build 1878. To use the API, I need an Access Token that I am able to obtain using OAuthClient, TokenRequest and TokenResponse. But I am not able to acc...
Good morning everyone. When deploying my project under version 11 of PowerBuilber, the size of the executable was 1 MB, maximum 1.5 MB. We have migrated to version 2022 r2 of powerbuilder and now the size is 45 MB. What is the reason for the incre...
Hi,   Our PB application is using a slightly modified Flat Design Grey theme, but we noticed it's difficult to resize windows due to how thin the borders are:  You have to be extremely precise for the mouse pointer to change to indicate that you ca...
Hi Experts,    Environment: Using PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1900 (SQL Server 2019)  I am coding a smart search (but stuck) on a data window filter:  I have a window with top simple search datawindow (just like single line edit where i am entering t...
HI, Anybody can help me ??? I used webservice method till the PB version 21 to use this "https://dhpo.eclaimlink.ae/eRxValidateTransaction.asmx?WSDL" link. Now, PB 2022 version there is no object to execute. How can manage this case ? PB 2022 - 18...
** I have just copied the code to another machine with the same version of PowerBuilder and it compile with no errors ** ** It seems to be an environmental problem I guess my laptop is no longer capable of compiling this code. This may be because of...
I'm creating an API with the help of the PowerScript migrator. I'm following this tutorial:PB to C#: Porting Business Logics with Minimum Refactoring Hassle (appeon.com) I'm having an issue with the POST method, here is an extract of my code: // PO...
Hi, I discovered that when using V.28.0 of the TEXT Richtext control, our papersizewidth setting was no longer working correctly, but only when using PFCs. I made a sample PFC application and discovered that I ONLY have the problem with the V28.0, ...
Hi, I am using PB 2022 R2 2819. It's Auto filtering facility is very useful and tremendous. First of all Thanks for this. This facility have any data limitation ?. Bcz, It is perfectly worked for about 20000 item in the dropdown and feeling too slo...
I am attempting to print the contents of a RichEdit Datawindow to a PDF file. There are about 5400 rows (and thus pages in the PDF) worth of data. When I command the print to start, a useful dialog pops up showing how far along it is: "Preparing x of...
Hi, Recently we migrated our application into Powerserver 2021 version. While migrating we faced some below Unsupported Powerserver features in PFC libraries sqlreturndata previewinsert previewdelete previewupdate when i searched help docs ...
Our large PB windows application is still developed in PB 12.5 but we are now compiling and releasing it with PB 2019 R3 as well.  The PB 2019 R3 Build often (but not always) crashes when deployed under Microsoft RDS.  We have experienced this at 2 c...

There are no discussions available here currently