Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, We have a process that generate a dynamic report for a customer. It is dynamic because every customer has different information that is printed on the same report. For that we manually build the syntax for the dw and then create it and print it....
We created COM component from PowerBuilder 9.0 IDE and deployed them on server. To be used by Third party applications. Now few years back we upgraded to PowerBuilder17.0 IDE and again we want to use those COM components deployed on the server.  Th...
Does Powerbuilder 2017 support Fortify code scans? ...
Hello. PB is crashing when i update a datastore:     lds_example = CREATE ds_example lds_example.SetTransObject(SQLCA) llrow = lds_example.insertRow(0) lds_example.setItem (llrow,"codi_emp",auo_emp.llcodi_emp) lds_example.setItem(llrow,"comp...
Hello all   I am trying to install a ws ( the ws was written in pb 2017 r3  )  on windows server as administrator .     1. I am getting an error while installing the PBNETRT170.msi - pic_0 attached  - why is that ? is that critical ?   2. the ...
Hello All, We have our applications on Powerbuilder 2019. Due to third party requirement, we need to scan our code for vulnerabilities using any 'Source code Analysis tools' and generate report. I didn't find any tool for PB scripts. Can anyone kin...
I try to generate build my powerbuilder application that i put on GIT. We dont add the pbl on Git. We work with Azure devops and i try to do an automatic build with the PBC190.exe But when i try to deploy the application, with that command line : ...
Does any one know whether Postgresql 11/11.5 support added in forthcoming release ? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hello all 1. installing  the PBNETRT170.MSI  - I got an error the machine could not register pbjvm.dll I ignored it. 2. installed the msi of my ws under c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MY WEB SERVICE... 3. I tried to test it  - run the asmx file -  I am gettin...
PowerBuilder 2017 R3 How to download file using FTPS? I need to download the file at a fixed time.   ...
I have a requirement to access a SOAP Web-Service from PB2019. SOAP techniques are listed as obsolete and therefore not supported. How do I access a SOAP Web service then?  ...
Hey gang, Without getting too far into the specifics of my modifications, my remaining PB app runs in Windows Classic Style.  I need to know if there's a PowerScript function to clear the data entered into a datawindow (not yet saved to the DB), act...
Hello Everyone!  Anyone know any way to clean variables that are no longer used in our code of each window or powerbuilder function? Is there any application, website or powerbuilder function that helps me identify variables that are no longer used?...
Hello, Pb 2017 R3, Postgresql 11, Windows 10 Got a drop down datawindow with 4 columns.   This dddw should list all 4 columns, in both display columns and data columns fields, while binding it with a datawindow field.  But it displays only the alr...
My machine was replaced, but unfortunately we didn't Deactivate my PB2017R3 Offline license from my old machine which is now been recycled. How can we recover my license so we can activate it on my new machine and also convert it to Online license. T...
Hello for EveryOne! I have a question about PowerBuilder, I need execute my own function while i'm doing another proccess in my application, open another window, retrieving data on datawindows.  Do any of you have any idea how to do something simil...
Hello, I have a question concerning to the Log Modes in Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1858.00 64-bit Edition. As we can find in the documentation here the Standard log mode is described as: Mode 2: Standard mode Standard mode is the default mode,...
Hello everyone and thank you for taking my question.  Our department wants to upgrade our current PowerBuilder Enterprise (not Standard) version 9 to PowerBuilder 2019.  We have the very basics in how our applications were built, we are just utilizin...
Hello. I´m trying to convert a string date coming from user input   the string is for example "05/2015" in the format "mm/yyyy"   and i want to convert to /01/05/2015 in the format "dd//mm/yyyy"   ldcompetencia = date(em_competencia.text)  ...
Good morning,Upon making a change to an object within a particular .pbl (acme1.pbl for example), I right-click on that .pbl (using TortoiseGit) to commit the change to that specific object. This commit is reflected in the ws_objects folder.If I do a ...

There are no discussions available here currently