Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have a PowerBuilder Web application deployed to PowerServer. Data Source setting in AEM is using Dynamic Database Connection: and Pooling is checked. Maximum Connection Pool Size =1, Minimum Connection Pool Size =1. We have a issue that user datab...
The SelectToStore<> method has been deprecated in SnapDevelop 2.0.  We used this extensively in v1.0.  What is the replacement for this this?  How should our code be modified? We used this to get values from SELECT statements like so: var res...
Hi,    I am trying to setup a new development environment on a new laptop and i am having trouble with the refresh function when trying to update my pbls after performing a pull.  I am using Git as my source control for a tfs server.   If i right...
Hi All. Please see attached. Basically, i have datawindow on the left and handful datawindows on the right with visible property set to false. Rowfocuschanged on the left one, using hide() and show() to display needed and hide not needed datawindo...
I am having an issue where I cannot seem to access the datasource of my crosstab after i initially create the crosstab. This appears to be a new issue unless i am missing some combination of settings as i was able to re-enter the data source after sa...
We are FINALLY ready to migrate our applications from PBv12.1 to PB2019R2.I have an installer with the build set as 2082, but I've seen people talking about build 2328.Q1: WHERE is the download link for the latest version of PB2019R2?Q2: Can I instal...
My customer wants me to change a grid dw to show a field on a line by itself and be wider then col_1 - ala Excel. so the data would look like     customer, order_no row 1 "Slimy Sales Company with a very long name", "" row 2 "", "123456" so I co...
Hi All, I'm experimenting very unusual behaviours when working with buttons and picturebuttons.  a) Sometimes (pretty often) shortcuts aren't shown b) Initial window state. Edit mask + 2 cb_ + 2 pb_ (In this example, shortcuts a...
Hi, I have this code in a dw's other() event. I've stripped out most of the code, just to illustrate. // v1 and v2, mjl, 13/04/20: Since win8 and w10 totally ignore the mouse settings when working remotely, I've re-introduced the code to scroll: ...
Hi!   I have a "how-to" question. I have a datawindow, one field has a child datawindow. The child datawindow dataobject has an validate flag. When i use the list in the day before yesterday, and I choose one option, that is Ok. But, I invalidate t...
Which highest version of MS SQL Server is officially supported by PB 2019 / PB 2019 R2?   Anyone use PB 2019 with SQL 2019 ? (which driver do you use ~ OLE DB / Native driver ?)   Thanks  ...
Hello, AEM is displaying this error message when testing the connection to an IBM DB2 database: Testing Data Source AS400 failed: No se puede cargar el archivo DLL 'db2app64.dll': No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado. (Excepción de HRESULT:...
Hello, In the new web browser control, is there a way to set the source like there is in the MS browser? I have an OLE control that uses the MS browser for viewing HTML code and PDF files. I want to replace this with the new web control, but I don't...
Tenemos una aplicación desarrollada en Power Builder 12.5 y corre en Win7, esta misma NO corren en Win10, es por eso que se compró la licencia de Power Builder 2019. Lap con Windows10 Versión 1709 y PB 2019 Build 2082. Se migró de PB 12.5 a PB 2019...
Hi All, Please follow me through this steps: * Inside a pbl I have a datawindow. In runtime, using LibraryExport, I export it to a string variable. * Set a name for the object and add the header.  ls_dw_name = 'd_test' ls_syntax = '$PBExportHea...
Hi All, I have modified some behaviour in a custom "theme.json".  When it comes to groupboxes, this custom behaviour is working fine on windows but it doesn't seem to be working in datawindows.  Attached is my "theme.json". PB2019 R2 Build 2323 ...
Hi All How do I modify those unsupported Items/Features that show up in the Unsupported Feature Analysis Report that are in the PFC/PFE libraries? I have attached a screen shot of one instance where data type 'ContecInformation' in n_cst_msgs_manag...
Hi All,               How Can I  Create Digital Signature with a Digital Certificate in PowerBuilder?             Do you have examples, documentation?  thanks and regards,  ...
Hi everyone This is something that has nagged me for quite a while: How do you get the Powerbuilder IDE to use Autoscript on built-in functions (things like GetFileOpenName) so you get placeholders for arguments. Autoscripts only seems to work on ...
Hi, "PBLPeeper" by Terry Voth ( http://techno-kitten.com/ seems to have gone missing. ) Did "Novalys" buy him out maybe? Does anyone know what happened to him and is there a way I can still get a recent copy? Cheers  ...

There are no discussions available here currently