Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have a fairly large PowerBuilder application that is used to run our business. We are working on a 2 way messaging module and there are lots of messages. In our database (SQL Server), the message id number (used to uniquely identify the record) ...
Using Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and looking for some help with building an application that uses imported .Net Dll's.  We have installed the standalone compiler on a Jenkins server and have been successfully building applications there for the past few mo...
Hi Folks, We have a parent menu object with menu items and toolbar items. There are other menu objects which are inherited from the parent menu and being used across the application. As per recent business change we want to hide/unhide a menu item ...
Hi, I'm using Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and import a .NET Framework DLL 4.6 (Created Custom), encapsulate the dotnetassembly in the dotnet object as recommended.   When I run the program on the server side, i'm getting this error (Locally, i don't have...
Hi Folks, Couple of days ago I posted a question regarding Native PDF usage and the response was overwhelming.  https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/native-pdf-using-pb-ini-in-pb-2019 I am trying to implement Native PDF using Native PDF ...
I'm attempting to use the LoadXml() method of an MSXML Dom Document in an azure environment and it simply isn't working. When running on non-azure environments it works fine.There is no dev environment for our azure server yet so I can't view the err...
I do not know about anyone else but I am finding the versioning for PB 2019 R1, R2, R3 slightly annoying.    We need to support and maintain various versions of our commercial application - developed and tested using different PB versions.   I consi...
  I am trying to make a function to read data from a device (barcode scanner). By design a barcode scanner works like a keyboard to input data (key by key). It is not convenient for a store. I want to read data direct from the device as a whole te...
I'm trying to run the below  orcascript from jenkins. I saved the file as orcascrip.cmd and calling in the Jenkins job under Build section. In the Jenkins console output  I see that the job is stuck at first line #Start session and it does not go to ...
Hello everyone i've successfully migrated to PB 2019 R3. Im trying to rebuild also my snapdevelop webapi project. The rebuild finished without errors but with some warnings that i show here: 1>------ Rebuild started: Project: StartWebApi2.csproj...
Hello everyone. I am following this excellent article by Bruce - https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/183-powerbuilder-2017-r2-new-feature-git-source-control-support How do I find differences betwe...
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 2703 Playing around with the PowerClient feature, I get this issue on deployment ...\Temp\pbappscache\html\en because the local folder does not exist. The folder does not exist, but it is supposed to be generated and it's not c...
I just gave a demo of SnapDevelop to management and they liked it. They do have questions. What version of .Net Core? I see for SD 2019 it says .Net Core 3.1, what about SD 2021? Does the PowerScript converter handle structure objects or structures...
Hi, Good morning. Is there a way to create a Datawindow with this statement. It really doesn't care if it's embebbed or not. DB: Sql Server IDE: PB 2019 R3   I'm doing this because the crosstab which do this, doesn't work and I'm looking for way...
We are looking at the possibility of using SnapDevelop & .Net DataStore to move PowerBuilder reports into an existing C# web application. Does .Net DataStore have to ability to generate a PDF from a report type DataWindow or is it only for non-v...
When using the 2019 runtime packager 2019 R3, the DLLs are not named with versioning but they are when referring to the documentation or if downloading the zip file from the Appeon site.  An example is easysoap.dll from the packager and in the zip fi...
I searched and saw that someone asked back in 2018 but had no replies.  I've used Jenkins once at a prior client, but my current client is using TeamCity for deployments and continuous integration, but not for PowerBuilder as of yet.  Wondering if an...
Hi!I'm trying switch one of our projects from native Source Control to GIT. I'm using PB2019 R3 Build 2703 and SourceTree as an external Git client. The thing is I'm having issues with the PBL files every time I try to merge branches, mostly when th...
Hi, Need to know about PowerServer clustered environment. We need to have an idea about how clustered session will work. If we have 2 webservers and 2 app servers, do we need cookie stickiness or PowerServer uses URL rewrite for preserving session...
I recently install PB2019R3 on my partners machine and the default of C:\ProgramData\Appeon\InstallFiles was incorrect for that machine. Our drives are setup so that Windows is on D: (along with all of it's associated directories). Having the install...

There are no discussions available here currently