Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I have a problem with posted events. Here a small simplified example of code: POST Event ue_posted_event()MessageBox ("", "test")Event ue_triggered_event() In this case the code in ue_posted_event is called after the code in ue_triggered_even...
Hello everyone, i am testing the pb2019 r2 beta new features. In particular i am trying the enhanced ui themes and it's working like a charm. Configure theme settings for individual objects is exactly what i was looking for, but i wonder if there is ...
Hi, We have a process that generate a dynamic report for a customer. It is dynamic because every customer has different information that is printed on the same report. For that we manually build the syntax for the dw and then create it and print it....
hello all, New SaveAs PDF is really great new feature. But we have printing functionality other thanjust data windows reports,  such as printing Xcel sheet from PB, we use DocukDesk and default printer programmatically and set filename and path in D...
We created COM component from PowerBuilder 9.0 IDE and deployed them on server. To be used by Third party applications. Now few years back we upgraded to PowerBuilder17.0 IDE and again we want to use those COM components deployed on the server.  Th...
Hi, all! I've upgraded my Powerserver ToolKit R3 to Build 1895 (on Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858 Universal Edition) in order to deploy my Web apps to be compatible with Powerserver 2019 Build 2151 (as mentioned in the release announcement). Howeve...
Does Powerbuilder 2017 support Fortify code scans? ...
Hi all,   The code below is eating up memory. (This example is eating 50 MB in 3 minutes) GarbageGollect() does not work   The only 2 solutions are: 1. destroy and create datastore 2. MyDataStore.DataObject = "some dw"     and th...
Looking to hire a PB Lead with a min of 10 yrs of exp in PB12 or higher and SQL Server. Strong SQL PL/SQL knowledge required.  Ping me if anyone interested. Praveen...
Hello. PB is crashing when i update a datastore:     lds_example = CREATE ds_example lds_example.SetTransObject(SQLCA) llrow = lds_example.insertRow(0) lds_example.setItem (llrow,"codi_emp",auo_emp.llcodi_emp) lds_example.setItem(llrow,"comp...
Hi Guys  Someone can help me please? I would regenerate just some libraries using orcascript Do you miind it's possible? Any help?   Thanks...
Hello all   I am trying to install a ws ( the ws was written in pb 2017 r3  )  on windows server as administrator .     1. I am getting an error while installing the PBNETRT170.msi - pic_0 attached  - why is that ? is that critical ?   2. the ...
There is a weird difference between typing a decimal separator (numeric keypad) in a datawindow versus a single- or multilineedit control. My international settings are "Dutch (Belgium) - Belgian (point)". In a datawindow a comma is inserted (which...
Buenas noches, a todos.   Alguien tiene un ejemplo de como desarrollar un istema  pagos en línea, utilizando PAypal y cuales serian los pasos a seguir?  o existe otra manera de hacer pagos en linea     Gracias Att Carlos Efrain...
Hello,i am trying to test dw conversion via c # generator.we use Oracle as database, I can connect on a base in TCP but not in TCPS ( DB in TCP IS Oracle 11 and we can't use this verion with C# generator ).Can you help me configure the connection pro...
Hi, We are a group of 4 developers. We use GIT as source control but we have a lot of problems . The develop environment is not stable. Several machine have the problem with Refresh function on Program Target and Workspace. All the time shows "Fai...
Hello All, We have our applications on Powerbuilder 2019. Due to third party requirement, we need to scan our code for vulnerabilities using any 'Source code Analysis tools' and generate report. I didn't find any tool for PB scripts. Can anyone kin...
Good morning from Greece. I have two questions How can i change the page icon How can i remove the splash screen of appeon when the application starts   With Regards    John Pagonis    ...
The new surface X uses an ARM chip and it sounds like they did a lot of work to allow 32 bit apps to run without modification.    "Using WOW64, an x86 emulator, ARM chips can run 32-bit apps" Has anyone tried running powerserver client on Windows 10...
Buenas Noches a todos.   Revisando los algunos Documentos de la Conferencia elevate 2019 de Octubre 27,en la documentación que entrega Roland Smith , sobre un objeto webBrowser, ¿ que version de power builder tiene este control, ya esta disponible?...

There are no discussions available here currently