Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Our flagship PB Classic desktop application relies more and more on COM InterOp bridged .NET functionality.  Our bi-monthly release cycle includes changes to both PB and associated .NET code  We formerly deployed .NET code into the GAC.  But when kee...
I am trying to using the Appeon training material and need to use the trial version of SQL anywhere , but there is only one option for trial version and it is 17.0.4.2053 which is incompatible with PB 19 as per message that I get which says "SQL vers...
I have seen some code in "orderdemo" project. --------------------- PB client side code that consumes web api.... -------------------------- String ls_urlString ls_responseString ls_jsonJsonPackage lnv_packageInt li_return lnv_package = Create Json...
Dear Appeon: Frankly, with PBL Web I had anticipated having an environment that would help to easily write  "true" web applications. So the end user would type simply www.mySuperStore.com, and the SuperStore web application  would pop in a generic ...
Hi, does Powerbuilder offer a possibility to automatically sign created EXE or PBD files?In the PB compiler documentation I did not find a parameter to do this. Maybe it is possible to define a postbuild event to call signtool.exe? Many thanks Rob...
Hell Team, I want to check the following. we have Appeon Power-builder 2017 R2/3 what is the prerequisite to run an Appeon application on a client. Is Appeaon deployment kit only needed ? Or any other other software / driver required to run with S...
We are experimenting with C# Model Generator and SnapDevelop in Powerbuilder 2019. We would like to use this to create ASP.Net WebApi C# code based on our existing Datawindows so we don’t have to write all the code from scratch. According to the App...
Hello, Do we have a clear idea of what Appeon is going to do with RTE control is concerned.   At one point we heard that they plan to develop the in built newer version of RTE further and now, with 2019R2 release, we hear that 64 bit TX Text control...
Hi All, Hoping someone can help me with PB 2019. I recently attended the Elevate recap in Barcelona, where Marco Meoni gave a workshop on using the PB 2019 and SnapDevelop.  It was great to finally get to use the C# features, with the intention of ...
We have migrated PB12.5 to pb2019 and we are using sql native client for 64 bit as our old OLE DB is not supported by appeon. But after successful migration and connectivity. we are getting error in saving data back to sql server, getting information...
We have migrated PB12.5 to pb2019 and we are using sql native client for 64 bit as our old OLE DB is not not supported by appeon. But after successful migration and connectivity. we are getting error in saving data back to sql server, getting informa...
Hi Guys Have RabbitMQ  support with powerbuilder 2019??   How solution is better?...
Hi,   I can not access Scaffolding Functionality for DataWindow. "Scaffold" item does not appear in right-click context menu.  And There is no "SnapDevelop.Scaffolding" folder under directory of "Appeon\SnapDevelop 2019\modules". Appeon SnapDevelo...
Hello, IS there a way to calculate the difference between two dates in years, months, days taking into leap year also into consideration ? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
When switching our internal build system to support the PowerBuilder Standalone Compiler (pbc170) I ran into several issues that might be worth looking at.   The compiler does not provide a proper exit code. In my tests several different build fai...
  When i create an application i have this error message: I create an richtext control, in a pc it works but when i installed the same application to another pc i have this error. Failed to create the control. Please confirm that this richtext con...
  I have code that creates objects dynamically with the "CREATE USING" statement . It does not seem to work. I am not seeing any place where it says it not supported.  Do  need to make code change to get this to work? All I am doing is: lnv_object...
Hi, Currently we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 connected to SVN.  I am trying to automate our build and deployment process using SVN.exe's and PBC170.exe's command line syntax. I was able to successfully generate build but the place where I am stu...
Hi there, I am working with a client that has PB12.6 and he want to write a utility to convert legacy PSR files to PDF (saved as blob in a database table). I have written a small application that does this using XSLFOP! method. I have it working wi...
We are trying to program the offline part of the mobile and we have some doubts (we are using a SQLite database):   Can we know every moment if the terminal is in online or offline mode? How   If we run first connect online, how can we then...

There are no discussions available here currently