Appeon 2017 PB PowerServer - Error connecting to Oracle database

I'm trying to create a Mobile app using Oracle 12c database (and full Oracle client, not instant client).  When I create/test the Data Source, using Oracle Native Driver, in AEM, I get the error:

"Testing Data Source juvn_dev failed: Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed."

When try to run the app on the Android phone, I get the message: "Alert - Connection to database failed."

The application runs fine in the PowerBuilder IDE, and the datasource tests successfully in the PowerServer Toolkit configuration / DB Type Profile.

Do I need to use a 64-bit Oracle client on the PowerServer?  I would rather not, if possible, since our regular client apps are 32-bit.  My PC is Windows 7 64-bit.

Question Tags: 

Answers

Marco Meoni answered Appeon 2017 PB PowerServer - Error connecting to Oracle database

This error indicates that you have a mismatch between 32 bits and 64 bits components in your application.

The PB IDE uses 32 bit drivers.

However, if you have installed a 64 bits version PowerServer, it must connect the DB using 64 bits drivers.

You can keep both clients and have the Appeon toolkit -> DB profile to use 32 bits driver and the Powerserver runtime (AEM) to use the 64 bits driver.

Best,

Marco

Gary Privette answered Appeon 2017 PB PowerServer - Error connecting to Oracle database

How do I install 32-bit PowerServer?  I tried to uninstall and then re-install from the PowerServer_86 folder, and it tells me to use the Autorun, but Autorun does not give me the option to choose 64-bit or 32-bit.  I assumed that since it installed to Program Files(x86) it installed as 32-bit.  How do I even tell whether it installed as 32-bit or 64-bit?

If I must install as 64-bit, how do I tell it use the 64-bit Oracle client?  I need to have 32-bit client on my PC for the regular PowerBuilder client apps.

Thank you.

Miguel Leeuwe answered Appeon 2017 PB PowerServer - Error connecting to Oracle database

I'm having exactly the same problem, when trying to setup up the connection in AEM I set the 64 bit (using odbc, native gives me problems) and then from the toolbar config option in powerbuilder I still can only select 64 bit driver. When using native it doesn't connect.

I'm going to uninstall everything and see if I can solve it by installing 32 bit only for powerserver (don't even know if that's possible since I've never had the option when installing).

Cheers,

MiguelL