Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello,   Is a simple way to generate a DataWindow object from an XML file? I have an XML file and can I quickly create/generate DataWindow based on this file structure ? Regards Pawel...
We are migrating our pb applications to PB 2021 from PB 11.5. WE have 8-10 web applications that are being called from the pb 11.5 code base. In 11.5 we used the Web Service Proxy project to call our web services using SoapConnection (using pbwsclien...
Migrating from 2017 to 2022 do I need to install PB 2022 and run powerbuilder runtime on the servers that are going run PB 2022 apps? ...
Hi,I know how to get the width of a data window from columns, e.g. using code like this FOR I = 1 To Long(This.Describe("DataWindow.Column.Count"))  IF This.Describe("#" + String(I) + ".Visible") = "1" THEN    TotalWidth = TotalWidth + Long(This.Des...
I have a MS word document which contains words and images. I just want to display the whole document on popup PB window for user to read it. I created the window and RichText datawindow with one column as String with length 100 (it does not have Blob...
how do i implement openinterfaces in wildfly 10 ?...
Hi everyone. How to get the public key from a .CER (certificate) file sent by third party? What PowerBuilder function to use? Thanks in advance for your responses!...
Hello, I need to pass a Blob to rest api service to save a blob via post call. When I'm calling the postdatastart with the URL I'm getting error -1 (that's mean general error). I installed Postman app to see if there is a problem and monitor the p...
I'd like to have a nested report within a main report and to be able to save all rows - from both the nested and primary report - into Excel. Is there any way to do that? When I try, it saves only the rows from the primary report and does not save th...
Hi all, [Edited, the link to Echarts was incorrect] I've implemented the Apache E-charts in our application and have a problem with the Toolbox feature SaveAsImage. It shows on the toolbox, but when I click on it, nothing happens and the toolbox d...
Hello, I try to connect with Powerbuilder 2022 x64 with ODBC to PostgreSQL x64 For 32bits I use the code  ls_dbparm = "ConnectString='Driver=PostgreSQL Unicode;"ls_dbparm += lnv_ini.of_getconnect_database( )ls_dbparm += lnv_ini.of_getconnect_serve...
For the olecustomcontrol there is an event called losefocus()   I am moving away from ole to webbrowser control.   I can't seem to find losefocus() or anything equivalent to that.   Any ideas?...
Hi Friends, I have an MDI app.  In one of MDI sheets, I have a dw object and a tab object.  Both objects have code for the rbuttonup event that pops up a different menu depending on which object or tab is clicked. When the user has the app running ...
PB 2021 , build 1506, 32 bit From the distant past we have inherited a program structure with exe files and pbd files for all our applications. In the application projects, the exe files and pbd files are assigned pbr files exactly matching the ico...
Hello Alli need to Export a Datawindow to a Json the issue is that the the items have Upper and Lower case  like :codigoDepartamentoReceptor or fechaHora when i create the datawindow the name are always change to all lowercase i did try to use the...
Hello, Using Powerbuilder 2019 R3, SQLite, ODBC Driver from http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/ Need to cast a computed column as date, but PB interprets it as a char column only.  I tried Datawindow's column specification, we get All those compu...
Hi all, I'm banging my head against the wall here.  I'm been working with snapdevelop and visual studio to migrate our old client server application [Front end connects to ASE directly]. hoping to evolve to an architecture where front end interact...
I have a datawindow with a dropdowndatawindow (datawindowchild). I want to change the dataobject of the dropdowndatawindow base on if their is some data in a table. I try the following but PowerBuilder tells me invalid property. //cch declare the da...
We are using powerbuilder 2021. We migrated from powerbuilder11.5 to powerbuilder2021. We are in middle of converting web calls. We wanted to use HttpClient as recommended by Appeon. I am calling a url which is wdsl has a function requires 3 paramete...
Thanks for any hint Peter...

There are no discussions available here currently