Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Appeon,   Im trying to publish to a Powerserver but it requires me to have a full write access to the wwwroot folder. Internally im not allowed to do that because of the company's policy about the application publication.    my question is, is...
Hello - Up front - I/We are new to both GIT/GITLab and PB2017R3, However we have extensive experience with PB 12.5.2(and earlier)/TFS/PowerGen  - We are having difficulties with integrating GITLab CI/CD - basically, code changes made in a work space/...
Hello Team, We recently moved from PowerBuilder SE Version 2017 Build 1666 to Appeon PowerBuilder SE Version 2019 R2 Build 2353 And we had a old Project for generating service DLL from supplied WSDL file (SOAP webservice). We were able to call the...
Per the SnapDevelop documentation, the RetrieveAsync method takes a cancellationtoken parameter to make an operation cancelable (see link below) and throws an exception in the TRY/CATCH block if that if that happens. How is that done in practice thou...
PowerBuilder - all versions      It would be WONDERFUL if the error messages generated by PowerBuilder would at a minimum name the object that failed, and if possible also include the call stack.    Can this be added to your queue of enhancement r...
Hi Does anyone can tell me how can I make a RibbonMenuItem control invisible at runtime ?   Thanks a lot   Kostas...
Hello,   Im using PB 2019 R2 with the RibbonBar feature, Im trying to make some of my RibbonItems invisible, but I don't know how to get the RibbonMenuItem's from a menu located under a Large or Small button. I did the code in the first screenshot ...
Hi,   I want to know which is the best solution for deploying Powerbuilder Application to MAC OS?Is Powerclient/Powerserver works also with MAC OS?   Regards,   Dexter...
Hello, Our application was experiencing the issue described in this Appeon knowledgebase article where a RichTextEdit control's WordWrap property is checked but the text was still not wrapping. I was able to successfully adjust the pb.ini file on my...
Hi, I've been testing and using Powerclient for the past month and generally it seems to work pretty well, but I was just looking in my Event Viewer and I realised that every time I launch a Powerclient application from the shortcut (or by directly r...
Hi all, I'm trying to switch from orca pbcompiler to PBAutoBuild210.   I have builds on TeamCity.  What I'm doing now is. I do refresh pbls from ws_objects (but update of vs objects from git is done by TeamCity) so I do only refresh a then build...
Is there some restriction into PB2019R3 to create or generate machine code ( DLL files ) instead of PBD files? I try to create a DLL files but a pbl library fail and then PB2019 closed. The PBL library only has object function....
The build generated by calling pbc170.exe creates .exe file without application icon. Another mystery is: the icon file is set when open application Addition Parameters within PB IDE. But exported application .sra file does not contain it.  How t...
Hello everybody, I have a problem with the delivery of Powerbuilder (Version 2019 R3 Build 2670, Runtime 19.2.0.2670).I was just about to use the new version for one of our customers and ran into the following problem. How did I proceed:- uninstall...
Hi Team,   I am using powerbuilder 2017 version application. It was working fine till now in production. But suddenly i am getting this below error.     Once i clicked the ok button. Getting below error.   If i click application got terminat...
icons in the system tree as in the screen below, the icons changes. In which version these icons get changed, and is possible to set it to different icons?      ...
I have a crosstab datawindow, and i want to change the Totals column to the left because the results of the datawindow are many and the totals columns are shown on a different page. I want to show my totals column next to the first column....
Is there some way to use a PBD file of the PB19r3 into PB9; like a DLL file?...
Hi friends, How do add days to a datawindow smalldatetime field in script?  I'm trying to compute an invoice due date based on the invoice date and the selected terms (30, 60, 90, etc). TIA, Tracy  ...
The CrypterObject has a SHA function for creating a hash. Unfortunately the output is a blob. How do I convert that to a string?...

There are no discussions available here currently