1. Kamendra Singh
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 30 April 2024 06:00 AM UTC

Hi Everyone,

We recently upgraded from PowerBuilder 2021 to PowerBuilder 2022 R3, and we've encountered an issue with the message boxes. It seems that if a user receives a message box and navigates to another window before responding to it, the message box appears in the new window. This behavior was not observed with PB2021. Please refer to the attached document for a visual representation of the issue. Could you kindly assist us in resolving this matter? Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Best regards,

Kamendra

Attachments (1)
Kamendra Singh Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 1 May 2024 06:41 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi John,

Just a quick update: I'm currently using the latest build of PB 2022 R3 (Build 3356).

I've already opened a bug report with Appeon regarding this issue. However, I wanted to check if anyone else has encountered this issue and possibly found a workaround.

I've attached a test application for your reference. I've been able to reproduce the issue using this app as well.

Your insights or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Best regards,

Kamendra

Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Kamendra Singh Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 30 April 2024 15:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi John,

Thank you for your prompt response and for investigating the issue.

Here are the answers to your queries:

• The Google homepage is indeed opened in an instance of the Chrome browser application. We did not initiate this from the PB application.
  • This issue persists across various windows, including Notepad++, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
  • It occurs both within the IDE and with deployed application.
  • Just to clarify, the application in question is not deployed as a PowerServer app.

Please let me know if you require any further information from my end to assist with resolving this issue.

Thank you once again for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Kamendra

Comment
  1. John Fauss
  2. Tuesday, 30 April 2024 15:43 PM UTC
Are you using the latest build of PB 2022 R3 (Build 3356)? Your original post does not mention this. If you are not using Build 3356, is it possible for you to try it?

Can you duplicate this behavior in a small, test app? I used a very small, single window test app with a command button that issues a MessageBox function call.

If you can produce a small test app that exhibits the problem behavior, I suggest you open a bug ticket and attach the zip'd pbl, target and workspace so that Appeon can investigate the problem:

https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/newbug
  1. Helpful 2
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 30 April 2024 13:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi, Kamendra -

Please clarify: In the image you attached, is the window that is displaying the Google home page another PB window in the  same EQAI application that is using the web browser control, or is it being displayed in an instance of the Chrome browser application?

The reason I ask is because I cannot replicate this issue when testing with a second application (I used Notepad++) in PB 2022 R3 Build 3356.

Does this occur when running from the PB IDE or when it is deployed as an application?

Is this application deployed as a PowerServer app?

Best regards, John

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.