Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Installed Appeon PB2017 Universal  Ver 2017 Build 1858 with PowerServer Using 32 Bit SQL Anywhere8. Perfectly works in Powerbuilder Environment When Deployed on Web (same) will not connect to ODBC after (Tested perfectly in ODBC Connectivity befor...
I'm testing some applications with PB 2017 R3 and PowerServer Web 2017 R3. When saving as NativePDF in a web app, it appears that print margin settings are ignored. In the client-server environment, I can predictably shift the printed output around...
I will appreciate any advice on the common functionality of many app; The zoom in & zoom out with two finger move. Is it a way to activate this behavior in the PowerServer Apps Mobile?   Regards,   Clarence ...
Hi all,   I know the solution is simple, but i can't find / remember it anymore.   i have had an application working great at a customer. After a few months customer asked me to change some minor things. Suddenly all his datawindows are retrievin...
hello, mi name is Esteban from Argentina i have a question reference to encrypt using certificate crt. Looking at the webinar, I had doubts about whether the new encryption functionality works with OpenSSL. I am currently using OpenSSl commands ...
Hello. I´m following a tutorial about web services: https://www.appeon.com/developers/library/videos/soap-web-service-crash-course.html when I try to deploy, appears this message "00906: You need to configure a proper database connection for the appl...
Hello, Using PB 11.5, PostgreSQL 10 When showing error while updating dw / ds, it shows ? in places of field values.  It would be better if values are shown, to identify and correct those values.   We used to see values while using SQL Server, but ...
I generated an alternate license for my new laptop using the hard drive serial number. Now I am getting this message: Thanks for testing PowerBuilder. This testing version will expire in 6 days(s). The expiration date appears to be 45 days after th...
Hello community, Using the latest combination of PB 2017 R3 and PS Web 2017 R3 in Windows 10 Pro, I get the following error when calling a stored procedure in a SQL Anywhere 11 database using output parameters: Error 10999 Parameter[0]: the Size p...
Buenas Tardes a todos   alguien tiene un ejemplo de consumir un web service con parametros por medio de power builder 2017 R3 u 2017 R2.   Gracias   Att Carlos Pizán ...
Hi All, Recently we tried deploying our PB 2017 R3 built application on user's Win 10 machine. Most of the users were able to work fine with the EXE but some of them faced issues. They were unable to edit the fields in the application's window. Do y...
PB2017 R2 Run code from source and the application generates emails with attachments and sent to recipients without any issue. However, when I create an the exe and run it the recipients do NOT get the emails and I get an email from the system admi...
When we can have a 64bit ide of PB ?   thx for answer  ...
Hello,  Software Used PowerBuilder 2017 R3 GitLab Community Pageant (Putty Authentication Agent) TortoiseGit  I’m trying to setup a workspace in Powerbuilder using Git as the source control.  We are using GitLab to create our repository.  I...
Hi everyone, I'm building a simple windows application (only a single .pbl)  that runs a query to a SQL Server database and show the result. I've manage to generate the executable (Code Generation option is PCode). I would like to make this applica...
Hi, Not long ago I've written a PBNI (PBX) library that enables closely integration of Java and PB languages. The library allows to make communication of this languages in both directions: PB can create Java objects and call its methods and Ja...
We have couple of existing PB applications in version PB12.5.2 which are of .NET win forms target.   We noticed that this target is no longer available in PowerBuilder 2017 R3.   What is the workaround to migrate these applications to the new ver...
I'm maintaining a legacy client-server ERP application developed using PB8. I'm trying to migrate it to PB2017 due to deprecated DB-Library connection to SQL Server not available in Windows 10 clients. Migration Assistant in PB2017 revealed 40 issue...
Hi, I have a problem with bringing a sheet of an MDI-Window to the foreground. I open two different windows as sheets via OpenSheetAsDocument(..) within an MDI-frame window. Than I want to click of a button in the second which triggers some function...
I have a web service that was originally made with PB 11.5 running on Windows Server 2008 R2. I was able to make it run from https://www.domain.com/webservice.asmx instead of https://www.domain.com/webservicefolder/webservice.asmx apparently just by ...

There are no discussions available here currently