Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I just DLed the 2017 PFC from GitHub. Do we have any documentation of the modifications made to that?  Is that on GitHub somehow?  It looks like the help file hasn't been updated. I'm wondering specifically about the pfcmain objects; ma...
Hi, 1. I'm successfully connected to SVN Server Repository URL. When I select Local Root Directory and message box prompted and says, "specified directory does not exist", even folder exist in the system.  would you please advise?   ...
I'm have a oleobject that has an overloaded function. For the life of me I've not been able to get the overloaded function to work. Can anyone confirm overloaded ole object functions are supported by PowerBuilder 2017R2. My deployed applicat...
I am using NativePDF! to create PDFs in my application.  It works on my PC (it is Windows 10).However, it does not work on most of my user's PCs running the application.  It works on some, but not others where it does not create the PDF. An example ...
Hi all,   Lets say i have an overview screen with hundreds of records, which is being refreshed autmatically. Every 5 seconds the retrieve function is done.   Now on the rightclick event of the datawindow , our users can pop a menu with some addi...
Hi, Need help & suggestion on bar code / qr code scanner.   I have PowerBuilder 10.5 application which is running in Windows 10 tablet. Now, I have a requirement to add the Bar code / QR Code scan functionality in built in this application. ...
Hello Everyone, We have deployed a first mobile application with PowerBuilder Universal Edition 2017 R2. After upgrading to the last version 2017 R3, the mobile application cannot insert a new record to the database via a DataWindow Object (but upda...
HelloI created a function with the code below. How i replace the last parameter (string as_position)with an enumerated?What Argument Type should I use?  Thansk         Parameters:string as_window_namewn_main_master ao_wn_pointerstring as_posit...
Hello guru I'm making an application that has an MDI with windowdockstatedocked!. In the postopen I open a sheet with OpenSheetDocked (ao_wn_pointer, ls_name, mdi, WindowDockLeft!, '0') (This sheet has the ToolbarInSheet flag enabled).   The ...
Hi, I have a datawindow where the user can insert, update and delete rows. My problem: If the user clicks the save button I won't use the update function because it updates all the changes in a single transaction. I need to update the datawindow ro...
Hi All, As before we have some EJB component to be deployed on EA server. Now with PB 2017, how we could handle that part to call the function which EJB provide? Thanks in advance....
I'm using orcascr170 to build my PB 2017 R2 app.  It's taking 25-26 minutes to do the build.  With PB 12.6, it took about 4-5 minutes.  Is there anything I can do to improve this?...
Hi Guru Does anyone have a 'Physical data modeler' to suggest? I have to use it with Oralce and PostgreSQL. Better if free   thanks...
I connect to a dll / ocx in PowerBuilder using ConnectToNewObject. That dll is held and locked until I exit from the PowerBuilder IDE (all versions). Is there anything I can do to unload the dll either in code, or when the application is closed but t...
Hi, Recently switched from native Sybase driver to ODBC. When a stored procedure is executed, sqlPreview in SQLCA shows "?" (question marks) in place of variable values. (I am connecting to database with DisableBind=1,StaticBind=0 in dbParm.) Decla...
Hi,   we are in the process of upgrading our products and migrating them to powerbuilder 2017. In this process we noticed that on Windows 10 Systems the MDI ChildFrames have old XP-style Borders which do not match the remaining UI in either Window...
Hi I am trying to disable the titlebar on a window on the open event - using this.titlebar=false I get the following message - A systemwrite property can be modified only in an event or function in its parent class  what am i doing wrong ?   i ...
Hello community, I am exited with new option to export Datawindow to Json format. Could you please help me to figure out how to achieve the following: 1. Exported field names are different from column names. How to specify/map the Json field names w...
Since we started using PB 2017 R3 , pdf save has been working perfectly. This version was subscribed to primarily because of the Native PDF Suddenly at the moment, it stopped working on the client system. Windows 7 and 10. 32 and 64bits dw_1.Save...
Dear all I use the large binary database blob object in a datawindow to show pictures for each row, which works very well. Now, it is required to allow an upload/replace for earch row and I ask myself, if there is a "simple" PowerBuilder-way how to...

There are no discussions available here currently