Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I had a PowerServer Mobil installed on my computer. To Install PB2017 R3 I deinstalled it. During full instation of PB2017 R3 I got the message that license.appeon could not be installed. On start of AES I get the message "Error14018: Your PowerSe...
Hi everybody,   Got a big project to migrate from PB 12.6 to Powerbuilder 2017 and my biggest problem is the use of FNFIXEDBAR When I had to migrate from 10.5 to 12.6 I had to use FNFIXEDBAR126 When I had to migrate from 7 to 10.5 I had to use FN...
Hi All, Hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with a Mobile Distribution.  There seems to be a strange display/scroll issue with a grouped DW with an autosize height detail band. I have a UserObject that displays 2 DWs, with approx....
Hi All, I have a ridiculously long commute at the moment and am looking for some more podcast to listen to. There seems to be a whole host of them for SQL Server and a few for Oracle ( the databases I work with ), but none out there for PB. Is there ...
I've noticed that Windows Classic Style option is missing in PB2017. Up to PB12.6 there used to be a flag in System Option -> General to run in XP style. It is gone in PB2017. This is very inconvenient for us, we still build our app with XP styl...
PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and PowerServer Same code - I ran as a PowerBuilder app and the code (correctly) generated a SQLCA error when CONNECTing to the database, yet running as PowerServer Web did not get an error.  I purposely used an invalid password...
Connecting application to database using ADO.NET and running a simple select statement locks the same table for every other user. This is different from the ODBC connection which is quite strange. Please see the details below for more information; ...
I am using PowerBuilder 2017.   I need to create a PDF file in my application.  I am able to save a file as a PDF when I do it on my own PC.  But the PDF does not get created on other systems where I installed the compiled application. So my questi...
Hi, I have the following situation. My company app is using a JBOSS web service for a while; proxy was generated in a previous old PB version and it is currently working under PB 12.5 classic without any glitch. This service is receiving two param...
Bonjour,  J'ai besoin de consommer un webservice RestFul avec une authentification de type Digest. Est-ce possible en PB2017-R3 ? Si oui, pouvez-vous m'indiquer quel composant je dois utiliser. Je n'ai rien trouvé sur l'authentification dans l'aide...
Hi, When using the new SaveNativePDFToBlob function in PowerBuilder MR3 I noticed an emf-file is written to a subdirectory in, in my case, 'C:\Users\aart.onkenhout\AppData\Local\Temp\~temp' and a log-file to 'C:\Users\aart.onkenhout\AppData\Local\Te...
hello every one:    i use powerbuilder.net 12.5 develop a self-host webservice, it can connect db(sql server 2000) in 32bit operation system,but it cann't connect db(sql server 2000) in 64bit operation system, who can tell me why? thks!...
With the demise of Codeplex is/has anyone ported the PFC project?   (or am I volunteering?) ...
Buenas Tardes    Donde consigo los tutoriales rapidos de la coneferncia del 15 de agosto de 2018     Att Carlos Pizan Jacome...
Como puedo cambiar el formato de fecha en powerserver mobile?, Tengo una aplicación powerbuilder que trabaja sin problemas en la version web y en escritorio, peo al momento de compilar en powerserver mobile no me acepta el campo fecha...
I have an app using PFC. When execute the logon process I get an Initializacion error. Could not Initialize database settings using the following settings:  INI File myinifile.ini Section: Database. I tap ok & the app works ok. Could you please giv...
Installed Appeon PB2017 Universal  Ver 2017 Build 1858 with PowerServer Using 32 Bit SQL Anywhere8. Perfectly works in Powerbuilder Environment When Deployed on Web (same) will not connect to ODBC after (Tested perfectly in ODBC Connectivity befor...
I'm testing some applications with PB 2017 R3 and PowerServer Web 2017 R3. When saving as NativePDF in a web app, it appears that print margin settings are ignored. In the client-server environment, I can predictably shift the printed output around...
I will appreciate any advice on the common functionality of many app; The zoom in & zoom out with two finger move. Is it a way to activate this behavior in the PowerServer Apps Mobile?   Regards,   Clarence ...
Hi all,   I know the solution is simple, but i can't find / remember it anymore.   i have had an application working great at a customer. After a few months customer asked me to change some minor things. Suddenly all his datawindows are retrievin...

There are no discussions available here currently