Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We are using VB script in order to get all the process list of system which was working fine before we tried to use 64 bit executable because vb script is not compatible with 64 bit. The previous code is given below.   OleObject msscint li_rc, istr...
Hello, I have installed PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858, however since the databases I am using are SQL Server, I do not have SQL Anywhere installed.  I would now like to review the sample app installed with PowerBuilder, but I also need the sample ...
Hi All,   As before we use some component on EA server, then client could using contextkeyword getcontextservice to call the from server. But as EA server is demised on the new version. Do you have any suggestions about how to handle those componen...
Like I always start. I am new to Mobile technology. Always asking for advise. What would you recommend in the following case: if I have 4 apps connecting to the same database (dynamic connection is on in PowerServer). Should I create a different da...
Hello Rex here, I am contracting at a company that has two full time PB developers.  The full time developers are using 2017 enhanced and I am using the 2017 standard edition (all on R2).  One of the developers with the enhanced version has created a...
Currently using STD_FC_Active_Directory web service to validate id and password against Active Directory.  I have that working for both standard Power Builder C/S and Power Server web applications and it works great! One of the other functions in th...
  For unknown reasons, at some point, this function has become very slow.  Specifically, if you are doing a globalreplace on a large file--such as adding linefeeds to an EDI file for example--then the results are extremely slow.  For example, a 1 me...
Hello,  is there a way to change the symbols of a legend and or the plotted line data on a infomaker line graph, currently they are automatically assigned symbols when creating a graph. If its possible to change this through the edit data through po...
We migrated a very large PB application to 2017 R3 Build 1858 from PB 12.5. The migration went surprising well except for one small but critical part of the application. We use a Richtext Datawindow that simply does an INSERTDOCUMENT() of a MS WORD R...
Sorry I am still learning this mobile technology. Here a couple of question: Is there a way to write and read from and to the mobile device INI file? What will be the path in the Movile device to the ini file location? Regards, Clarence...
Hi, We're currently using DwSpy in our Powerbuilder Applications, for insights in Datawindows @runtime for developers, currently we've integrated the feature as an extra pbl in our applications.  I thought I heard in a PB webinar that this would be...
Hello Tom! Do you use Skype?...
What improvements will be powerbuilder multi thread in next version? like .net...
Hi, How are people copying files (images or other files) from Appeon Mobile apps to their server? I am trying trying to use UPDATEBLOB to store the image in the database but the below code is throwing the following error: "Error Code: 10999. Object...
Hi, I've downloaded a trial version of PowerBuilder 2017 R3.  I've created a mobile app and tested it on my phone and it works great.  However, when I get friends to try it, two of them haven't been able to load Appeon Workspace on their android pho...
Hi Gurus  I am using Git (Bitbucket) for source control and configured the Git in PB 2017 R3 as per the steps provided in the help file. The connection works fine and mapping is also fine (able to do the SCM activities using GIT).  There are random...
Hello, From PB2017 using OUTLOOK, I need to program the sending of email from a group mailbox. By exemple : Instead of having the mail sender = the address mail of the person who has clikked on the button [send mail] (ex: firstname.lastname@compan...
If you come to the forum and you are not logged in, you get a blue banner at the bottom with the cookie policy statement that pretty much every website is displaying nowadays. If I am logged in, the blue banner appears briefly on every page I go to....
Hi.   One of our customers has provided a web service (Restful API) which returns Json data. They want us to integrate with it to get these data into our application. Is there a way to generate a datawindow from the Json? I guess i need to have ...
Hello All! I implemented GetForegroundWindow in my PB 2017 R3 application as follows: Function ulong GetForegroundWindow( ) Library "USER32.DLL" I call it, capturing the return into an unsignedlong. This all works fine in the IDE (32 bit), but wh...

There are no discussions available here currently