Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
ola bom dia. Estou com dificuldade de achar alguma documentação falando sobre Bluetooth, estou precisando emparear um botão, tipo um botão de pânico, para dar incio a uma operação assim que o botão Bluetooth for acionado. se alguém souber de algo agr...
Hello team,  We want to deploy ejb3.0 using powerbilder 2017 build 1666.  Ejb2.0 jars we can deploy in PB 2017 because it has remote and home interface class name but ejb3.0 jars is not supportive and cant deploy because we do not have home interfa...
Hello team,  We are using Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 build 1666.  The idle event of application object is not getting trigger. Below is the code written in it.  Idle(60) HALT Close   Is this a bug or what is wrong, please suggest.    Thanks & R...
Hi, According to the instructions for installing PB 2017 R3 Localized Runtime files I should first build my application, then unzip the localized files over the application folder previous to releasing it to client machines. Which rises a question:...
Good Morning People, I will like to find out how to code a Dynamic Database Connection in PS. Can you point me in the right direction. It just to be a very good video in area PowerServer Web & Mobile Tutorials of appeon website, but now it shows a ...
We are in the early stages of creating a browser version of our client/server application via Appeon.  One of the things that Appeon does not like is our old Wintertree spellchecker.  Are there Appeon compatible spellcheckers out there that will work...
I have a problem configuring Appeon enterprise manager(AEM) for converting into web. I was not able to connect to an oracle native driver or an ODBC. Its says "Problem occurred when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit oracle component installed". ...
PB 2017 R3 on Windows 10 using IDE. I have a window with an MLE on it.  If I copy/cut/paste from within my app, everything works fine, but if I try to copy/cut from Notepad or some non PB app, the paste into the MLE doesn't work.  Pretty sure this m...
Hello, is PB 12.5 off topic? In this case: So sorry! If not: I'm looking for an up-to-date, easily-to-integrate string encryption/decryption method to be used with PB 12.5 classic. Evtl. an interface class to .Net - and/or a usage example w...
Hi All, I'm using PB 2017 R3.  Can anyone please suggest a way to determine the line number of the text under the mouse pointer in a richtextedit control?  SelectedLine or Position won't do it for me as the mouse pointer's position won't necessarily...
Hi Gurus We recently did the migration from PB6.5 to PB2017 R2 and all the application text chopped.  MS Sans Serif - 8 size. If I go and re-select the same font, it works fine but there are 100s of windows and datawindows to change. Any suggesti...
Dear All, How can I retrieve a saved richtext edit style data into a richtext edit datawindow?. Please see the attached image as the result i got from the retrieval. The content is not readable as it includes the rte metadata. Thank you....
Hello, I have inherited a PowerBuilder application. Apologies and condolences accepted. lol. It was migrated from PB12.6 to PB2017 recently. I am working on a screen that uses an RTE control. I am trying to detect whether or not the RTE contents ha...
Has anyone has success connecting to MS Word to use spell checker using OLE connection, I was using the sample code provided by Miguel Leeuwee and trying to use it on the Web, without success. I do get a good return code from the connections but seem...
Hi, Guru I have a problem with a: THIS.Modify (" .Background.Color = '37375'") *** Need *** object: Data window control event: itemdocuschangedcode: THIS.Modify (" .Background.Color = '37375'") if I place myself in a column i want to change...
Dear All my appeon 2013 R2 - Web Edition, suddenly crash, and i just reinstall it. but the message is expire. i try contact appeon but they they said EOL ! could you please any experiance how to activate the license ? your information is highly ap...
Hi.   I have a datawindow with a dropdowndatawindow. The dddw contains 3 colums: ID, Description, Category. For the column in the main datawindow, I have chosen the ID column as "Data Column" and Category as the "Display Column". When we type in...
I have a need to debug PowerServer Web in 32 bits on a 64 bit platform.  After installing the MSFT Script debugger and setting break points, when launching the debug session the browser opens in 64 bits.  How can I force the debugging to occur in a 3...
How do I access the contents of the individual file names populated in a ListBox by DirList - without user interaction?  I know I can use DirSelection to see the file name clicked on from within the choices of the ListBox, but I need to process each ...
Does anyone know of a way I can install InfoMaker v12.0 without having to use the Common Installer, which forces me to add PowerBuilder first?Thanks,Olan    ...

There are no discussions available here currently