Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello All, I have a working app using the Google Maps API in a windows 7 with and explorer 9-10 version when i move to windows 10 and edge i recieve and error trying to open the created HTML i display it in Browser OLE object in a PB Windows any ...
Hi all, When i installed the PB2017R3 on Win10 64 bit machine, then login, the software crashed, closed automatically. I tried to re-intall, but the same issue. Is there any special settings needed?...
Hi   I’m developing a standard powerbuilder application. The problem is that  Microsoft Web Browser in OLE custom control. Uses a default browser and it’s  IE 7. I use the OLE custom control and calls for an webapplication that uses googl...
Hi, any of you seen similar behavior where CONNECT using Windows authentication requires repeated CONNECT attempts?   What I have: Setup  ::  PB 2017 R3, #1858 using ADO.NET with MSSQL.Code  ::  See below SQL Server Authentication  ::  (using Log...
Hello Appeon Expert, We are on PB2017 R3. I have created a new branch in github from master say Release_183. I used to SourceTree tool to clone the Release_183 to my local folder. In Release_183 branch, I change the Workspace name from PB-EQUIP.pbw ...
How can I read an ods(Open Document Spreadsheet) File in Powerbuilder without using Excel Application(Excel is not installed in the Computer)?...
Hi, I have PB 10.5 and PB classic 12.5 and both have just started to fail to load on Windows 10. Message is "Startup Initialization Failed - Cannot continue" I can't see an Initpath in the registry for 10.5 if that's anything of a clue. Help appr...
Hi, I'm trying to call a PostgreSQL function that returns a string, but I get only the first character of the returned string !?!Does anyone has a hint how to resolve this problem? Johann   this is my  test-code: --Postgres:---------------------...
Greetings All, I would like to know if anyone in this forum has any experience with embedding some type of 'off the shelf' neural network technology in their applications for the purpose of correlating large sets of data with many variables. If so,...
Hello, I am Rajesh, working as pb dev. I just want to know is there student free edition for PowerBuilder 2017? and I need v.10.5 PFC libraries, please respond me as soon as possible.   Thanks, Rajesh...
What are the most common things in PowerScript that consume memory without releasing it? I'm trying to troubleshoot a window that is consuming memory at a level we were not expecting, and I'm honestly running out of ideas of what to even look for. I...
Hello all, We recently delivered an application to a client that is missing a runtime dll.  We sent a copy of this dll (pbacc170.dll in this case) to them to verify it did indeed resolve their issue. However, the client will not accept a direct deli...
I've come to a point where I need to get serious about the PB2017 Appeon Workspace and which way to go. Up till now, this week in fact when the Appeon Apple provisioning profile expired for our existing PB12.5 environment and apps. We have been usin...
We are using VB script in order to get all the process list of system which was working fine before we tried to use 64 bit executable because vb script is not compatible with 64 bit. The previous code is given below.   OleObject msscint li_rc, istr...
Hello, I have installed PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858, however since the databases I am using are SQL Server, I do not have SQL Anywhere installed.  I would now like to review the sample app installed with PowerBuilder, but I also need the sample ...
Hi All,   As before we use some component on EA server, then client could using contextkeyword getcontextservice to call the from server. But as EA server is demised on the new version. Do you have any suggestions about how to handle those componen...
Like I always start. I am new to Mobile technology. Always asking for advise. What would you recommend in the following case: if I have 4 apps connecting to the same database (dynamic connection is on in PowerServer). Should I create a different da...
Hello Rex here, I am contracting at a company that has two full time PB developers.  The full time developers are using 2017 enhanced and I am using the 2017 standard edition (all on R2).  One of the developers with the enhanced version has created a...
Currently using STD_FC_Active_Directory web service to validate id and password against Active Directory.  I have that working for both standard Power Builder C/S and Power Server web applications and it works great! One of the other functions in th...
  For unknown reasons, at some point, this function has become very slow.  Specifically, if you are doing a globalreplace on a large file--such as adding linefeeds to an EDI file for example--then the results are extremely slow.  For example, a 1 me...

There are no discussions available here currently