Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello All is there any limitation of the graph type over powerserver 2017 for some reasson i have no manage to find out some of the DW graph are not dysplay under PowerServermost of the type col are not dysplay with no error in the appeon log serve...
Hi community  - somehow I undocked my System Tree window and I cannot make it dock again. I read the help link below and tried the #2 item, but this does not enable docking. Very annoying. Any ideas? Thanks.   ===================== The Workspa...
HI,   im looking for a code example where i can drag a file from my PB App to Windows Explorer (or any other App where i can drop files). My files are stored in the database and i have a datawindow with a list of all files. i want to write the fil...
Hi , How I can access office365  IMAP UID from powerbuilder. Any example, other than chilkat.   Regards Antony    ...
Currently I am trying to execute the IDE compiler via the command line. The problem is that although it compiles correctly, it does not set an icon. If I start the IDE by hand and press the Deploy button, it builds me correctly and the icon is also d...
Here's a weird one we just found.  If you have a datawindow and are using Rowsdiscard to remove rows there seems to be an issue. Scenario. Any datawindow will do, retrieve at least 10 rows.  Update record on row 8 and then using rowsdiscard remove ...
Hi, i use PowerBuilder 2017R2. Sometimes when I open a window by cliking on a button, my app change the mouse pointer to an hourglass.  The look of the pointer stays the same (hourglass)  even if the transaction is completed. The pointer changes bac...
Hi all,   I am trying to learn the settings for the NativePDF exporter. Here is the code I am using:    dw_print.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.UsePrintSpec = 'Yes'dw_print.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF!dw_print.Object.D...
I have started to look at an Orca script to create our pbl libraries and import source (boot strapping). This is based on Bruce Armstrong's blog (https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/175-continuous-...
In PowerBuilder 17R3, I can't find PBNetRunTime.msi . How to get it ? I use soap client to access webservice, but my webservice can't work in IIS now.  Who can helo me ? Very anxious now !   ...
Hi.   I have a very basic query which selects about 25 columns from 2 tables using inner join and where-statement on one of the indexes (SQL Anywhere 16). This query returns 19.000 rows and takes 0.04 seconds in Interactive SQL, but almost 5...
The program “PowerBuilder 2017 R3” lost its link to the existing offline license. How to fix this problem? The point of the  system restoring works with the mistake of impossibility to change system files.   Order Number Product Edition Va...
Hi guru guys, I have been successful  calling a REST API using OLE Objets Msxml2.DOMDocument.6.0 and MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.6.0. Now, I have an API with "Request Data" that I'm not being able to call from PB. Can any of you help? This is the sample ...
Hello all, Just wondering if there is a solution for this issue on the web:'Autosize Height' does not work on the WEB for the Group Header Band. It's working perfectly in Powerrbuilder client-server environment, but does nothing in the Appeon WEB, th...
I am running PowerBuilder 2017 R3, I have a data window that executes an Oracle procedure with an output parameter as a cursor. If I execute the datawindow from within the powerbuilder IDE the results are returned and I can see the correct data. Wh...
Does anyone know why the Powerfilter 2.0 will not show the dddw display value when the filter is used and will only show the underlying table data value. Its extremely frustrating since I though the tool was built just for this feature. I see code in...
PowerBuilder v12.1Windows 7, 32 bit platformDue to the insanely high cost of Oracle, our company has decided to migrate our databases to PostGreSQL.We currently connect to the Oracle databases using the native Oracle driver for Oracle 10: PBO10120.DL...
Hi, Is it possible to change date format on an editmask control? When I try to save em_date.Mask = 'dd/mm/yy' I get an error:"A readonly property can be modified only in an event or function in its parent class" Is this normal? Regards,Marcin...
Hi,  I have a strange issue with Appeon Mobile when taking photos on iOS. The photo is taken and saved however just after taking the photo the image is cropped to a square image. I cannot see why it is doing this and can't see any options for the ...
Hi I am creating a crosstab report - in pb2017 r2 - where I have items down the side and date across - as per below   item                 pieces                        15 Jan        16 Jan  .......... Total  sheets               50             ...

There are no discussions available here currently