Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   If we want to build our powerbuilder 2017 R3 application on a build machine, do we need some licence? We dont want to use the PBC apps to compile because we don't want one PBD by PBL. We will have some conflict between the PBD generated on ...
Hi,   I'm getting stumped on an orca script for a PB app that I'm migrating to PB2017R3.  It throws an error "Orca error in 'setLibList'. Result Code -4" "Library 'xxxxxx.pbl' failed to open2019-01-08T19:46:48.4553438Z [exec] An OpenLibrary() opera...
Hey All, I wouldn't normally use a Critical priority, but I have to get this one PB app migrated from v11.2 to 2017 R2 to keep up with pending Oracle DB upgrades.  Our first app went through Migration Assistant without a snag and built just fine, ...
Hi,   I'll try to summerize the problem I encounter I use PowerBuilder 2017R3   I have a window That window has 3 arrays of userobjects in the instance variables u_datawindow idw_reports[] (the report datawindow) u_sort_options iuo_sort_optio...
Hello, Using PB 2017 R3, PostgreSQL 11 Need to rollback on database disconnect command. Updating a sequence of dw within a database transactions.  If, in the middle of the update, some error erupts my application gets closed after disconnecting th...
I have trying to connect to our external party using the HTTPClient but it requires a Client Certificate to be included. How do I go about setting the certificate in the HTTPClient?...
In my mobile application the upload of image to the server takes place successfully but the download fails. Using AppeonFileservice function of_appeonupload and of_appeondownload. The log file shows "download failed. File is half-baked". The same fil...
A PowerBuilder datawindow has some parameters and those parameters are obviously matched with columns in query of the datawindow. The query is too complex. In my script i get the query syntax in a string variable. Also i get parameters list defined i...
Hi,   Is SQLCA.Database = "DatabaseName" not supported by "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)" driver?   The connection object fails to connect to the database unless it's passed as SQLCA.DBParm = "Database='databasename',Provider='SQLNCLI11'"   I ...
Hi,   Is there a way I can avoid changing database provider/driver from Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL NTWDBLIB - I now this will not be supported by MS) to MS SQL Native Client (SQLNCLI11) ?    Thanks!  ...
Hello everyone, Our end users use two monitors and they open two copies of the same application which they slide one copy over to their second monitor.  When the system opens a dialog it always opens up on the primary monitor not the one that it's f...
Hi all,   Now we are using the pb2017 r3 webservice function to replace the funtions in EA server before as .net webservice interface.   But we set the DB connection in the EA server in connection caches, then the PB just get the CacheName to con...
Hello All, i'm edditing the jsom of the theme under the "datawindow": tag if found : "grid-style": and "cross-style": i like to know the other style values for the json file  i like to change the value of the selected-row-background-color in a...
Hi, I am in the process of evaluating migration of our PB 9.0.2 code to PB 2017 version of yours. My 4K lines of code have weird issue with Try and Catch. As per Migration assistant the details are as follows. Could you review the code and point us ...
Hello folks, Is there a list of the runtime files that are registered by the runtime packager?  We normally drop a application folder containing all the runtimes to prevent from having to register runtimes.  Thank you, Kyle ...
Hello All, it is posible to open PB2017 and PB2019 (Beta) at the same time in the same machine time and in the future during the migration that will be needed to make the changes in both versions at the same time. (i know there is a trick but seem...
Hello experts,   My application using emulator to get fectch the result and it was shown in powerbuilder windows. Now we have written code to decommission the existing emulator and enable new emulator. connect to new emulator we have used OLEObje...
Is anyone using ProfDiff with PowerBuilder 2017? We just purchased a copy and it appears to only have Workspaces for PowerBuilder 10.5 and 12.6.  Now I understand we can still browse to the PB2017 workspaces, but doesn't this product also work direc...
  Hi, We are working in a migration web project with PowerBuilder 2017 R3, the following commands work perfectly fine in classic version but not in the web: ssetting = this.Describe("DataWindow.Selected=''") // Return ! ssetting = this.Modify("Da...
Dears, I have a problem related to Barcode printing , from PowerBuilder Barcode is printing and scaning with barcode reader very well, but after converting to Web, barcode is generating (can see on screen) but not scanning by barcode reader, by the ...

There are no discussions available here currently