Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have several apps running on appeon workspace with no problem. Scenerio: We created a desktop application which uses a Richtextedit control and saves the contents to a database table whose column is a blob. Works fine in saving and retrieving o...
If you use rich text in your applications and are on 12.X and are thinking about upgrading to 2017, I would seriously reconsider. The regression bugs introduced with the built-in rich text control are bad enough to render the control useless for us. ...
When i migrate from version 7 to version 2017 r3. The character font of Japan  is error . I think when i migrate:UTF 16  .How  are fix it? ...
Hello All, Any one have manage to integrate a PowerBuilder Application with CyberArk using th CyberArk API The information and documentation on the CyberArk DLL is really poor so if some one have manage to integrate it will be great. The only help...
   hi    How can I modify my PowerServer Mobile Application's AndroidManifest.xml file? ...
Is there anything special regarding using the Table Blob control?  The "How to's" that I can find don't seem to work.  I get the blob displayed sometimes but the cursor goes into a continual wait state (circle of death).  Using MySQL, latest PB, and...
Hi Guys   how can I configure my SVN Source Control system in order to mantain an environement with several targets sharing a lot of libraries? Suppose to have just 2 targets If I add to source control the second target to the same URL of the fir...
Good Morning Everyone,  We are thinking about developing an app for Android Devices in Powerbuilder. We 've never developed in Android, so for us is easier to do it in PB.  The App just has to read a barcode, and 2/3 manual imputs.  Is this possib...
Excuse my ignorance but I am green in this mobile app world. Is it possible to have two transaction object connected in an mobile app? I will be connecting to QRemote (Quickbooks Driver) and SQLAnyWhere 17. Could you please show me a sample code o...
I am in the process of migrating our SVN repositories to the Native SVN format of PB2017. As a test, I saved an existing application to the new repository. Then I used Connect to Workspace, to simulate what my co-workers would do in order to work on...
When I export the DataWindow using function SaveAsFormattedText in excel format, Character "00", "01" is exported as 0,1 respectively (as Integer). Please suggest the solution for exporting the data from DataWindow to excel  without losing format. ...
Hi, I am currently using ImportFile to import XML files in a datawindow. (PB 10.5) I am using a template that I created. So far it works well except when I encounter same tag elements   I attached a test file because the xml is removed from this ...
I am writing and app with PB17 and PowerServer. The app connects to Quickbooks database via QODBC. In the IDE of Powerbuilder all the datawindows worked perfect; Retrieving the data from QB database. Thru IDE of powerbuilder 17 I can connect with QB ...
After I upgrade to PB17 R3 build 1880 I can not connect to PowerServer AEM. This is the error I am getting: 10.0.0.100 refused to connect. (10.0.0.100 is my local computer IP address) Do I have to do something else after the upgrade in IIS?  I wil...
Haven't worked with menus to often so I hope this is just something easy and I am just not seeing the forest through the trees.  I create a generic menu variable then assign a menu to it. Then I need to access the menu items.  Because I created the m...
Hi, We run pb 2017 r2 in a distributed RDP solution so that pb runs as onewindow on local machine. The problem is that a user starts other processes on a local machine and then returns to the rdp process. In this case, sometimes PB does not give ...
Hi Using a PBSession to send out emails via an application. How do I change the sender's email address? MS Office Outlook 2010  ...
  Hi, subect  : smtp mail when i generate an application in 64 bits when i use the function  : FindMimeFromData the application close without message .   it's ok in 32 bits   i'm based on : http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_emailsmtp...
We have an application that is loaded with NVOs of type 'exception' and I wondered what others had done to deal with the face that this object is unsupported....
In query mode, when user enters null in a date field, I want to change the DW select from date = 'null' to date is null.  The former give a db errror.  I've tried modify('DataWindow.Table.Select=..., but before the actual retrieval, date = 'null' is ...

There are no discussions available here currently