Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi team, This question is a follow-up from my previous question about how to make a API calls, which is now possible. I received following API string, and assigning it to a string variable. ls_stringbody = '{"addresses":[{"id":2521795,"name":"John...
Hi, We are using GetFileSaveName to get file store to disk. As this is a Windows session it get its one windows session an is not listed as an prosess under our MDI. When running program that use some time before asking for the filename, then the ...
HI all,   I am consuming a rest webservice api which gives me a back an XML reply message , with one of the XML elements a base64 encoded string.   This base64 encoded string is a PDF file , which i need to decode and then write as a PDF file in ...
My company recently updated from PowerBuilder 12.1 to 2017 R2, so we have a lot of legacy code. I have a working connection to a SOAP webservice using the SoapConnection object. I now need to implement TLS 1.2 when connecting to that webservice, but ...
Hello,   I was wondering if there is another way to connect to and populate an Excel spreadsheet other than the way below...   OLEObject lole_xlapp // Create the oleobject variable xlapp lole_xlApp = Create OLEObject // Connect to Excel and che...
Hi Guys, My machine is dying on me so need to put PB11 on a new machine. I have an upgrade license and generated a new key. I'm not having luck when loading a new license key.  Maybe because I generated an alternate license or do I need to install P...
Hi, After installing 2018 Beta, I do as I always have done, I place all my images in a resource folder and add this path to the PB180.EXE path in the registry. The problem is that none of the images are displayed. There are no hard-coded paths for t...
Hello, Trying to use the Autocompile in PB2017 with our automated process but I am stuck on how to point to the workspace when PB is not installed. The following lines are in an orca script that a batch file executes to do a GLV... ;**************...
I can't find any reference on how to do this, so it's either so simple I am missing it.  How can I search a column with edit style ddlb, on the data value (not display value).  Reason for this is. I get the original value for the column and now I nee...
I try to connect DB(informix) with encoding utf8. When i set db connection in client works,but use same code in webservice dosn't work. error is Database locale missmatch. First i try to set dbparms(db_local=bg_bg.utf8) but dosnt works. Second i ...
Hello!  I am making a web app, when I click a button I get through a webservice a string with the data of a pdf encoded in base 64.To be able to show it in the web browser I have to generate the pdf file.I would like this file to be saved in a web s...
Hi team, I'm using PowerBuilder 2017 R3, and completely new to WSDL/SOAP and RESTful webservice API stuff.. .I need some help, don't know where/how to start, or what approach to take for programming this in PB. I'm given two API urls, and some temp...
Dear APPEON Team,   Due to network environment changes, oracle service would be hosted in cloud service with pure IPv6 network access only. We suppose network infrastructure support IPv6, and guarantee end-to-end connection can be established from...
We've recently updated one of our internal testing environments to use ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server to support more recent versions of TLS and have discovered that our application will crash to desktop with an IDMS error in PBSHR170.dll if we SELECT...
Hi,   If we want to build our powerbuilder 2017 R3 application on a build machine, do we need some licence? We dont want to use the PBC apps to compile because we don't want one PBD by PBL. We will have some conflict between the PBD generated on ...
Hi,   I'm getting stumped on an orca script for a PB app that I'm migrating to PB2017R3.  It throws an error "Orca error in 'setLibList'. Result Code -4" "Library 'xxxxxx.pbl' failed to open2019-01-08T19:46:48.4553438Z [exec] An OpenLibrary() opera...
Hey All, I wouldn't normally use a Critical priority, but I have to get this one PB app migrated from v11.2 to 2017 R2 to keep up with pending Oracle DB upgrades.  Our first app went through Migration Assistant without a snag and built just fine, ...
Hi,   I'll try to summerize the problem I encounter I use PowerBuilder 2017R3   I have a window That window has 3 arrays of userobjects in the instance variables u_datawindow idw_reports[] (the report datawindow) u_sort_options iuo_sort_optio...
Hello, Using PB 2017 R3, PostgreSQL 11 Need to rollback on database disconnect command. Updating a sequence of dw within a database transactions.  If, in the middle of the update, some error erupts my application gets closed after disconnecting th...
I have trying to connect to our external party using the HTTPClient but it requires a Client Certificate to be included. How do I go about setting the certificate in the HTTPClient?...

There are no discussions available here currently