Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have a requirement to call an API to view an image or a pdf file. The API will return back a stream of bytes to my PB Application.  Is there any tool or an ActiveX control I can use to render this stream of bytes as an image on the UI?  Any h...
Hello, I display a PDF file by Microsoft WebBrowser (Powerbuilder 12.5), as follows:  Object.Navigate("file:///" + astr_pdf_wb.s_fileName + "#view="+ ls_view_pdf +"&pagemode="+ ls_pagemode & +"&toolbar="+String( li_toolbar )+"&navpa...
Hi,We are using the PBNISMTP object (pbnismtp.pbx) to send emails using SMTP. We are experiencing delays and sometimes timeout issues when sending emails. The server provider has detected a problem in its infrastructure and is trying to fix it. In th...
Hello, I have found this: https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-help/knowledgebase/how-solve-composite-or-nested-datawindow-cant-set-dynamic-create-dataobject-create-dw-report-issue.html   New feature code: DataWindowChild dwc_report l_rtn = dw_...
(PB2022 R2) - I have an OLE object which interfaces with Word.  It opens a document and inserts data into bookmarks.  If the user saves the document via the 'Save' button in our Powerbuilder app, or File...Save from Word, it works fine.  The problem ...
Trying to change my existing application to new Ribbon bar, Have a doubt how to adjust ribbon bar on the screen relative to other tabs. That is how to make ribbon bar floating. As we can see in the above screenshot, the yellow highlighted part is...
I have a problem with restclient is slow  at customer  ,  I am using methods "get" it takes about 8000 milliseconds to call in powerbuilder, but when calling from a browser it takes about 100 milliseconds. , Can someone help meOn the development mach...
Dear Experts, When a row is selected in a data window, it is considered the current row and is highlighted in blue. Is it possible to change the highlighted color to something else? Regards, and Thanks Deva S...
Hi, We're working with sql server 2019 and the latest msoledb driver (from https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/oledb/download-oledb-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver16). When calling a procedure that has output parameters we get th...
Team, We have an application called Occusource which is getting XML feed from other system and verifying in Occusouce by using XMLParseString function. We are facing issue like if there is any special character on the XML then it is returning -1 and...
Hi I am trying to achieve a lock method to edit records (rows) and notify users which user has the record locked, using SQL Server.  For that it would requiere to: Use WITH (UPDLOCK) in the select of the datawindow Have the id of the row with th...
Hi dear  now i am using desktop power builder program with SQL DB on cloud server , client access data base on cloud but it is working too slow can i find solution for that ? thanks...
Hey All,Returning to PB community after 4 years absence. Sorry, y'all! Anybody has any experience connect PB app to Google's Big Query using any kind of DB driver?These days I sadly do more data then PowerScript. Maybe I can cross back, especially i...
Hi Experts, I have two projects, one with PFC (PowerBuilder Foundation Class) and another without PFC. In a scenario where a window is inherited from PFC windows, I need to move only the descendant window into another project without moving the PFC ...
Good morning!Is it possible to insert a watermark into a richtextedit object?Grateful....
Hello, would anyone advise on how to efficiently setup user impersonation in a datacontext? In PB I can connect a DB as dba and then issue the statement EXECUTE AS mmeoni, so that all subsequent SQL statements will execute as user mmeoni, but still...
Hello, I have to write a log to user actions, I want to get the current function / event name and row number in paint code. Can I do it dynamic? THanks, CHava....
Hi, this issue is since PB2017 and now we see the same behavior in PB2022 R2. The text under the X and Y coordinate appears in the opposite direction and I believe that it is the same in all right to left languages....
Hello, i'm using the new SMTPClient and it's working good but i've noticed a strange behaviour when i look at the sent email Even if I add only one recipient  and only one attachment to the message, the recipient always gets multiple sender referenc...
Getting "Unresolvable external pbdom_document when linking reference at line..." error when executing the following line: ldom_doc = CREATE PBDOM_Document   ldom_doc was declared as: PBDOM_Document ldom_doc In the PowerServer debugger, ldom_doc ...

There are no discussions available here currently