1. Jim Reese
  2. PowerServer
  3. Wednesday, 22 February 2023 21:06 PM UTC

Getting "Unresolvable external pbdom_document when linking reference at line..." error when executing the following line:

ldom_doc = CREATE PBDOM_Document

ldom_doc was declared as:

PBDOM_Document ldom_doc

In the PowerServer debugger, ldom_doc is showing as initialized as type _initsrc

I have included the latest PBDOM022.pbd in the library list, have checked to include PB DOM Runtime files in the PS Project Painter, I even moved the PBDOM.pbx file into the development directory and included it in the Files preloaded in uncompressed format list.

Code works fine in C/S, but not recognizing PBDOM_Document in PowerServer when running the deployed app. All is local on my Dev PC.

Stephan Schröpel Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 13 March 2023 16:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Just an quick response:

XML is working with Jims workaround. My testfile was bad.... No hang-up

Stephan

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Mark Lee @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 24 February 2023 06:48 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Jim,

Glad to hear that you can use the PBDOM.pbx instead of the PBDOM022.pbd file to work it around.
I can reproduce it on our side and will escalate it to our development team for further analysis.
We will need some time to figure it out and we get back to you if any progress we would make.

Regards,
Mark Lee

Comment
  1. Mark Lee @Appeon
  2. Monday, 30 October 2023 09:16 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Good news that PowerBuilder 2022 R2 MR #2828 Released is available for download.

The issue you reported has been fixed in this release.

Please download and install it to verify the issue you reported and let us know if any problems.

You can get the installer from our Downloads portal at https://account.appeon.com/download (login required).

We welcome all feedback from you!

Regards,
  1. Helpful
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 23 February 2023 01:58 AM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 3

Hi, Jim - 

Disclaimer: I'm admittedly PowerServer ignorant.

PowerServer runs as 64-bit whereas the PB IDE is 32-bit. Are you deploying the PBDOM.pbx from the 32-bit runtime folder or the 64-bit runtime folder to PowerServer? The two versions are different... for the 22.0.0.1892 runtime, the 32-bit version is sized at 1169KB and the 64-bit version is 1443KB.

Best regards, John

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Thursday, 23 February 2023 20:10 PM UTC
Hi Jim;

Ahhh ... I suspect that's because the PBX is 32 bit. However, after importing the PBX objects into your PBD, the PBD & its contents becomes "bit neutral". This, your imported PBD is now 64 bit compliant. Thanks for the feedback! :-)

Regards .. Chris
  1. Helpful
  1. Jim Reese
  2. Friday, 24 February 2023 14:24 PM UTC
Chris, I don't know for sure, but it appears that the deployed app is running as 32-bit, not 64-bit. Task manager says it is 32-bit platform, and the PBDOM.pbx file found at C:\Users\reesej\AppData\Roaming\PBApps\Applications\Runtime\22.0.0.1892 is the 32 bit version, filesize is 1,169KB. So I'm not sure John's initial statement that PowerServer is running as 64-bit is accurate regarding the deployed applications. I certainly didn't convert external functions to be 64-bit compliant using longptr for handle references like I would need to to build a 64-bit application.

I suspect the issue is more likely due to the PBD not going through the process of being built from a PBL, so something done there during the build process isn't occurring for PowerServer to do its magic.
  1. Helpful
  1. Stephan Schröpel
  2. Monday, 13 March 2023 16:49 PM UTC
Hi Mark,

seems like the same issue I had before: https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pb2022-error-calling-method-of-a-pbni-object-in-powerclient-deployment

I tried Jim's method with pbdom.pbx in an own library in an 64-bit environment. It runs in IDE, but runs endless in an Powerclient deployment, so you have to kill the app.

I imported from C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 22.0\IDE\

The pbdom.pbx file from \x64 can't be imported. "The file is not a valid dll or pbx file"

Deploying the same compiled app using an installer software and not the client deployment works

Still hoping for a solution for deployment via client.

Best regards

Stephan

1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.