Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
good morning everyone, I'd like to know your point of view regarding the offline APP made with APPEON. I made a small APP (Offline Mobile APP for Telephone and without database) and tried to publish it directly on the devices and subsequently on the...
Hi, you all. As of November 26, 2020, I have uploaded an app to the App Store from Xcode and the output in Xcode was successful. However, I received an email from Apple mentioning the following: We identified one or more issues with a recent delive...
Hi Folks, I'm a SysAdmin investigating a problem for an application we develop in-house using PowerBuilder 2019.  We are running it currently on Windows Server 2012 R2 and are seeing some odd behaviour.  We are seeing the same behaviour also in Wind...
Good morning I am trying to activate my powerbuilder application while working on another (non powerbuilder) application. What I have to do is, when the second application write a file in a predefined folder, my PB application must consume the file...
Calling PrintGetPrinter() with no printers on the workstation causes a hard crash (of an application or the Powerbuilder IDE if run in debug mode). I'm working around the issue by first calling PrintGetPrinters() (returns an empty string) so I can c...
I recently installed Powerbuilder 2019 R2. When trying to connect to Oracle database 12c through database interface I get error “ORA-01017:invalid username/password;logon denied"  My user credentials are right and I am able to connect to sql develo...
Hi, How do i consume rest api with url image as one on the parameter response. I need to call the image, download and store into a folder with reference no.   Happy for your response....
Hello, does anybody know if i can download the echart example (new webbrowser control) shown in the Elevate keynote video by Govinda Lopez? Thanks....
Hi,  I would like to know if there is any way to know the remaining time for the idle event to be fired.   Thanks....
Dear Experts, I want to give the users of my program the ability to type criteria for a Select query in a DataWindow.For this purpose I added the following command in an Button Clicked event: dw_xy.modify( "datawindow.querymode=yes"). If the button...
We have a PB Application, say a LoginApp. Users login to this application. Their username, password, access rights information validated/handled in this application.There are other PB applications AppA, AppB, AppC, etc., which communicate to this Log...
We are trying to change the back color of a tab header but seems it wont apply even tough we set the color property. Always displayed in grey color as you can see. Please take a look the below image and let us know a solution for this issue.   Tha...
Has anyone else had an issue converting a DW to PDF with a small PNG icon in the detail band?The first page renders just fine:.. but it starts overlapping multiple images on subsequent pages:It happens on Grid and Freeform, but I was able to verify t...
Hello everyone, I need to show On-Screen Keyboard on my application, but (run("c:\windows\system32\osk.exe")) it's not working for me. If someone could tell me how to show it I'll be so grateful....
Appeon need to learn jetbrains,allow user to by appeon product online. Especially for independent developers,Eduction developers jetbrains allow everyone buy jetbrains's products online ,for China users ,can use alipay to pay it is a suggestion h...
I am trying to convert the Datawindow to txt file by using the command 'saveasascii' and then convert it back to Excel.However, the Datawindow is not displayed as it is.If the Datawindow is freeform, the line is pushed.Is there a workaround in the 20...
The 2-day online conference Elevate 2020 has concluded successfully! We greatly appreciate all the hard work from our MVPs & Community Presenters. Not only did they share their knowledge through videos, but they also joined the session Live to an...
I am having a problem where I am getting errors when PowerBuilder tries to update the database and there is a "truncation" issue with one of the columns in the table it is updating.    I am in the process of upgrading from PowerBuilder v7 to versi...
We have a super weird issue with a browser control.  We have an external vendor supplied .NET 1 page app that we host and call from PB 12.5.2 (build 5609).  The control sits on a response window.  We've been in prod for almost a year with great succe...
Is there a way to set a header in webBrowser control? In particular I want to set an "Authorization" header....

There are no discussions available here currently