Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, i'm migrating from PB 12.5 to PB 2019-R2. In PB 12.5 to get the path of the userprofile folder, I used this syntax declaring an external global function. FUNCTION Long GetTempPath(Long nBufferLength, REF String lpBuffer) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL"...
Hello Does anyone have a function that will convert a string to barcode 128? I download the free font CODE128, but now I need to calculate the value to feed it. I want to avoid the need to purchase from ID Automation.   Thank You Tom    ...
Hello,   I have a requirement to check feasibility of saving a datawindow report to '.xlsx' format using an executable built in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. The constraint is that the host machine on which the executable will be running will not have any ...
Hi all, does the PowerBuilder RestClient support Integrated Windows Authentication using "WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate" machanism?Can someone point me to a description or appeon support website that describes in detail which Authentication Methods ar...
Good morning, The application I am trying to migrate contains two main PBLs.  The scms.pbl has objects (exe file).   The second PBL (jyw.pbl)  doesn't seem to have any objects. Once we selected and click Next, it will follow with an error messag...
Hi all, So I am having the issue from trying to get Ctrl + C/V/X  (copy paste cut) to work while using a Ribbonbar. How we used to do it was in the menu object, we would call of_SendMessage("pfc_copy"). So when I setting up my ribbonbar parent objec...
I'm trying to call an external function in a DLL that has been provided to me. It was written in Delphi, but at least apparently declared to use C-style strings and the stdcall calling convention, so it should work. But when I call it (whether or no...
I am in the process of updating the look and feel of our application.  Part of this is selecting a new font for our application. Since I will have to go through every single object and change this I am wondering if there is a way to have the fonts gl...
Hi All,  Would appreciate some pointers on this.  Our PB 2019 R2 application has a menu object or the menu and currently the Help option directs the user to a file on the file system. We wish to change that so that the user is directed to an online...
HI, I connect to MYSQL Database through Powerbuilder 2017. I get rows back for the first call (months 1) but then on the second one (month 2) it seems that the same query hangs and after 2 hours it doesn't give a error message it only gives a -1 on...
Hi, I nedd to track las time user interacts with an application.  Does anybody knows if there is an "easy" way to do that? The only idea that I have is to track all user interactive envents on all visual objects (tricky solution). Thanks fo your h...
good morning everyone, I'd like to know your point of view regarding the offline APP made with APPEON. I made a small APP (Offline Mobile APP for Telephone and without database) and tried to publish it directly on the devices and subsequently on the...
Hi, you all. As of November 26, 2020, I have uploaded an app to the App Store from Xcode and the output in Xcode was successful. However, I received an email from Apple mentioning the following: We identified one or more issues with a recent delive...
Hi Folks, I'm a SysAdmin investigating a problem for an application we develop in-house using PowerBuilder 2019.  We are running it currently on Windows Server 2012 R2 and are seeing some odd behaviour.  We are seeing the same behaviour also in Wind...
Good morning I am trying to activate my powerbuilder application while working on another (non powerbuilder) application. What I have to do is, when the second application write a file in a predefined folder, my PB application must consume the file...
Calling PrintGetPrinter() with no printers on the workstation causes a hard crash (of an application or the Powerbuilder IDE if run in debug mode). I'm working around the issue by first calling PrintGetPrinters() (returns an empty string) so I can c...
I recently installed Powerbuilder 2019 R2. When trying to connect to Oracle database 12c through database interface I get error “ORA-01017:invalid username/password;logon denied"  My user credentials are right and I am able to connect to sql develo...
Hi, How do i consume rest api with url image as one on the parameter response. I need to call the image, download and store into a folder with reference no.   Happy for your response....
Hello, does anybody know if i can download the echart example (new webbrowser control) shown in the Elevate keynote video by Govinda Lopez? Thanks....
Hi,  I would like to know if there is any way to know the remaining time for the idle event to be fired.   Thanks....

There are no discussions available here currently