Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi. I have a problem connecting to the databases using the MSSQLOLEDB driver, version 19.x, from Appeon Powerbuilder 2022 R2, on a Windows Server 2022 server. The error it returns is "The specified module cannot be found." Any idea what's happening...
Hi Master,    I noticed there are different between launching the application thru URL vs start menu. When i use URL to launch my application, the login screen is not focus on the user id box, i have to click on it, then only can enter application ...
Hi, I am using Powerbuilder 19 R3. Need to know the ways to  download a folder by clicking FTP url link in powerbuilder developed application.   Thanks in advance...
Hi All,    I am using PB 2022 Build 1900. DB MSSQL 16.  I would like to know everytime, when i compile for a new release for my cloudapp, is it a MUST to recompile/redeploy/republish the webapi as well? If not, under what circumstance i need to rede...
Ok just downloaded PowerBuilder 2022 R2, eager to try out the new tabbed UI for an MDI app. After downloading it did a full build of my source code. I went to the MDI Frame window (inherited from the PFC w_frame window) of my app and excitedly check ...
Just want to see what the error is when calling an update...
Hello, I would like to know if PB will maintain updates for developments for Android and iOS devices, because we want to launch an app on both OS.Thank you....
  While running the application I get this error:  "Failed to connect to the database. Please ensure that you have configured transaction-to-cache mapping in the database configuration for the application, or have set up dynamic database connection...
We've been able to identify the majority of the files identified in the PowerServer log. However one entry recently has challenged us. Log Entry:  'Failed to download the file "n" because it does not exist in the file manifest of the application.'  ...
  need advice....  a bug ?   Thanks and best regards zulmach...
I have started to implement the new Web Browser Control in multiple places within my UI.  My 'Home' page has one. I also have a Documents tab that uses it to display PDF files saved to the transaction. This tab exists on every program (sheet) that op...
Hi: We've been successfully using PB2021, GitHub Actions on a Windows 10 PC, and PBAutoBuild210.exe to automate builds (64 bit) for 2 years.  We've recently begun experiencing probable library file I/O errors. When we can build it in the IDE success...
Hi Team,   We are planning to use Visual Studio 2022 version with Powerbuilder 2022 for our source control. Could you please let us know the points that we need to take care. We have Powerbuilder 2022 in both 32 and 64 bit version application. C...
I am using a simple SQL statement in the database painter.  Some columns have the NULL value, but they are displayed as blanks.  How can I show that it is actually a NULL.  Also when I export the result set to a CSV or XLSX I want to the word NULL in...
PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1892 and PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2170. More than one of our customers report that saving reports as Excel12 from our PB application results in an abort. The common thread is that they are running via RemoteApps or RDWeb. Run...
Hi Team, In our powerclient project we are facing app icon deletion issue in our clients.  Scenario : After closing the powerclient applicaiton the desktop icon not showing even if the antivirus not enabled or whitelisted the application. Kindly l...
I declared ribbon bar control in one window w_rib and I want to access it in other window w_sh_rc through a function, but not able to retrieve the actual values. How to access ribbon bar control in other windows?...
Hello: We have 7 PB applications and we are in the process of upgrading to PB2022.  We have one virtual machine doing automated builds.  Is it ok if we have one build machine running both PBAutoBuild210.exe and PBAutoBuild220.exe, or should we spin ...
 Another developer and I both have a license for PB 2017 R3 which is installed on our own windows 10 PC.  The Sign Out settings "Auto login at startup" "sign out on exit" were both checked. Our organization will be moving to windows 11, so PowerBuil...
I am trying to add a right mouse button menu to a ListView to perform an item delete function and perhaps other item related functions.  The ListView is using the m_view menu object, but I can only get the RMB menu to appear when right clicking on t...

There are no discussions available here currently