1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 1 July 2020 13:50 PM UTC

Hi.

When I try to create a an msi for powerbuilder's 2019 runtime (R2-2328), the procedure starts but suddenly I get a message like the following one:

After I press ok button, the procedure shows as it was successfully complete, but the msi is not in the given path.

I use pbpackager for older versions of powerbuilder (ex: PB2017 R3), which in the past worked fine for me, and I get also an error now. This one is different.

Is it possible that those two messages are related? Is pb runtime packager tied to a specific program that should have changed? How can I get it work again?

During the last months, only changes in my computer I remember of, are upgrading to PowerBuilder 2017 R3 (last ebf), upgrading to PowerBuilder 2019 R2 and upgrading VStudio to 2019.

Thanks.

Andreas.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 6 July 2020 18:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Andreas;

For your 1st MSI generation error .... Please make sure that yo have full rights to the MSI's "target Folder", otherwise, I can see that error occurring. Also, try running the PB Packager as "ADMIN" and/or targeting your MSI to the "C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\PBCLTRT190_2328.msi" folder.

For your 2nd MSI generation error ....

This is a known issue in the PB Packager utility under PB2019R2 build 2323 and 2328. I reported this issue in Beta testing under ticket #4367 (last beta) and 4268 (1st beta) but, it is still not fixed.  :-(

Please open a new Support Ticket for this MSI error to add some customer emphasis and urgency to this problem for a fix ASAP.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Raymond Longoria
  2. Tuesday, 12 January 2021 20:27 PM UTC
Chris,

So are you saying you HAVE TO have admin rights on the computer to run the Packager? I ran it and on the first try I received the .NET runtime error message.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 12 January 2021 20:44 PM UTC
Hi Raymond;

Are you on PB2019 R2 build 2353?

If I recall, there was a fix for the PB Packager ....

http://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/release_bulletin_for_pb/Build-2353-MR-BugFixes.html#d0e1364

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Andreas Mykonios Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 July 2020 06:26 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I tested msi creation on my laptop. There I succesfully created the msi. Well, the main difference between my desktop and my laptop is that I've VS2017 on my laptop instead of VS2019. I wonder if this is the reason.

Also on my laptop, I do use other antivirus software than in my desktop (Norton). But in the past I was able to create the runtime.msi with norton active...

I guess no one else is facing such behavior?...

Andreas.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.