Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
A customer is experiencing an issue in which their PowerBuilder 2017 GA application. Users are losing DB connections and the PowerBuilder application crashes. Sometimes such error coincides with a network “flap”, and several users report it at the s...
Machine: Dell i5 CPU, 64 bit, 16g ram, Windows 10   From the IDE I run our application, log in, open a couple of windows, inserts, updates, & deletes. Crashes after about 5-8 minutes. Just pops-up a windows stating "Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 has ...
Hi, I hope someone can shed some light on this issue as I'm not having much luck getting to the bottom of it. I have a SOAP webservice which is currently consumed by a Powerbuilder Desktop App via the .Net SOAP proxy, Coldfusion webpages, and a dot...
Hello, Is there any function to convert ALPHANUMERIC characters to barcode? I have already the font "code 128". I need to include the function in my code. Thanks....
I saw this in a bug report reply from appeon support, and i am hoping to get some clarification from appeon: "As OLE DB doesn’t support 64-bit, we will not enhance its support. "     Microsoft had announced that OLE DB is NOT deprecated, and in f...
We have some accounts still running apps from 12.6 - which has been stable for many years - now suddenly we are sometimes seeing strange dw errors as below Faulting application name: irights7.exe, version: 7.3.0.1, time stamp: 0x591962bfFaulting mod...
Has anyone else seen this?  I am porting a small desktop application from PB12.1 to PB2017 R3.   When I try to insert a row to an external data window (dw_1.InsertRow(0)),  it works in debug mode, but fails in in an executable.  I have now seen this ...
Usually, my dw checkbox edit style has  data value 'T' for ON and  'F' for OFF.  I've recently been asked to add a 3rd state that sets the database value to NULL.  What do I put for a value? I changed the 3rd state edit style value to SetNull().  Th...
can I customize the Appeon mobile LDAP Login window? Change location or resize....
It's working fine from suddenly its automatically closed and then i open it again then its asked to me login again. and failed with reason  THis id already used but no where id in used...   So please suggest me? What i do....
Hi Team, We are migrating our application from power builder 11.5 to power Builder 2017 R2. Build is successful but we see an bug with of_printDlg function which seems to be carried from old versions. can you please look into this. I have attached th...
I am trying to use PowerBuilder 2017 R3 classic to connect to Microsoft Dynamics and consume REST services. Dynamics is using Active Directory for authentication. This requires obtaining and setting a kerberos token in the http header for the reques...
Is there a way to enter a scale on the category section of a line graph within infomaker ? The option appears grayed out on category and i am unable to input any scale, i am able to change the value scale but i need to adjust both scales.   ...
One of my team mates installed the PB2017 R2 Runtimes via the runtime packager but promptly misplaced the msi file so I can't perform an automated uninstall.  Is there a way to manually uninstall?  I want to install the R3 runtimes, and want to have ...
Hello, I need to create bar codes in EAN 128. I need the algorithm and the font that interprets it.I have been testing with several functions that I have found on the internet and with many fonts of bar code (code 128.ttf) but I can not get any one ...
Hello, When i use the .net assembly to get the datawindow rowcount from client with the soap connection, but it failed to get, is there any special with this version? It successed in PB12. Or is there any speical setting for the datawindow to put th...
Hello, I need to full automize the sending of email by clicking on a button. I have made a program code which is working but I don't want to hardcode the name and password of my Outlook profil like following : mRet = mSes.mailLogon("Fred","Fred160...
Hi, one of our users has a problem with all of our applications we written with Powerbuilder 2017 (R2): All menu items are disappeared. The space were the menu should be is still there. Also the toolbar and the icons are visible. It seems a proble...
    I have a small application written in c# consuming a webservice which returns a list of companies. I would like to use the same in PB in order to integrate the web service consumption with my business requirements. The only problem that I have...
I'm trying to send the pdf document through RESTful API service using PowerBuilder 2017R3 (Windows 10 OS) but i could not able to add the body parameters (metadata - in the form of JSON data and content - pdf document in the form of binary object) in...

There are no discussions available here currently