1. Mark Lundell
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 19 September 2018 14:42 PM UTC

Has anyone else seen this?  I am porting a small desktop application from PB12.1 to PB2017 R3.   When I try to insert a row to an external data window (dw_1.InsertRow(0)),  it works in debug mode, but fails in in an executable.  I have now seen this with two different applications.  Very annoying.

Mark Lundell Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 19 September 2018 16:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Chris,   Thanks for the quick response!

There is nothing like asking a question to make you look closer at your code or process.

This is what I found.  When I copied over the application so I could create the PB2017 version, I copied over the PBR file also.  What I did not know was that the PBR contained an entry for the failing datawindow object.  The PBR referenced the dataobject with the full path to the PB12.1 PBL containing the object. No errors or warnings were given during the build, but obviously the build did something with the dataobject.

Comment
  1. Mark Lundell
  2. Wednesday, 19 September 2018 17:20 PM UTC
I have no idea why the DWO was in the PBR. The app works in pb12.1 and 2017 without the PBR reference.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 19 September 2018 18:06 PM UTC
Time for some PBR clean-up then! ;-)
  1. Helpful
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Wednesday, 19 September 2018 20:26 PM UTC
DataWindow in the PBR is only needed when the application is compiled to an exe without any PBD files. When a PBD file is created, it puts all objects in it whether they are referenced or not. An exe only build only pulls in referenced objects or thos mentioned in the PBR.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 19 September 2018 15:12 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Mark;

FWIW: No issues using InsertRow (0) with any of my external DWO's in PB2017R3 ...

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.