Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have recently changed our application to save datawindow as .XLSX! rather than the old Excel! format which worked well in development, but causes app to crash when used by our testers. Both "PBDWExcel12Interop170.dll" and "Sybase.PowerBuilder.Data...
PB 2017 R2 Build 1769 We have a huge app which I did a trial conversion of from 12.5 to 2017. (Took 50 minutes) There is a window with a Rich Text control that is used by end users to enter text which is saved to the database as HTML and is dis...
In an app I am working on I need to update a column in a Microsoft SQL Server database table with a PDF file. I am using the Microsoft SQL Server ODBC connection. The table (ISPDF02) has a column called ISPDF which is of data type IMAGE and a C...
Appeon - want some free marketing advice? I suggest you should skip the name PowerBuilder 2018 and rename it PowerBuilder 2019. Psychologically it is much better to receive a 2019 product at the end of 2018 or early 2019. How many car makers relea...
Hi All, I want to change the format of date time displayed without having to modify SQL query . Currently it is displaying "9/19/2017 08:29:25 "  i want to change it to "19 MAR 2017 08:29:25" . same case with decimal values , it is showing ".6" in...
I am pretty sure I know the answer, but I was wondering if PB2018 and R3 could be installed side-by-side. The reason is that we have shipped our 2018 release in PB2018 but we want to start developing our 2019 release in PB2018 R3 so as to utilize its...
Hi Is there any standard method available to Implement GDPR and pseudonymization using Powerbuilder or Sybase? Has anyone tried this? Narayana Bhat ...
I just moved to a new machine and installed PB 12.6 and I am getting this error when trying to publish my smart client application.  What am I missing? ...
I just read the following:   PFC applications intended for Appeon Web migration must be upgraded to be compliant with PFC 9 or later. Some legacy PFC applications are based on the PFC 5.0 PBLs that have been migrated to the newer version, and y...
So I have a small PB sample app that uses an OCX for a schedule object. It does not use any database connections and I'm using the Trial version of PowerServer Web. When I initially was testing it, it deployed to this webpage   http://lo...
From my understanding, the PowerServer examples require SQL anywhere. We do not have this installed. Where can we get it? ...
Hello all I am Trying to run a .Net WS and i am getting the following message ( in the IE ) : Line 1:   What does it mean ? Using 2017 r2 , running on the same machine where the pb installed + databse ...
I have a question about the Installable Web App. Right now, we have an extremely complex large 12 year old app that runs lots of "medical type" offices from a citrix server. The app uses several 3rd party OCX'x/DLLs. I tried to run a sam...
I have a legacy application which has many (>500) datawindow objects (*.srd) which were created in earlier versions of PowerBuilder. Some have "release 6;", "release 9;", "release 11.5;", etc in the header. Particularly with version 6 datawindows the...
Let's imagine the following scenario: 1. I create a new branch (feature_X) and switch to the develop branch. 2. I make a change ... git notices that two files have changed: Once the x2.pbl file and once the source file from ws_objects. I c...
Hi,  Trying to determine how to get the width of a column in a grid dw if width.autosize = 3 (that is, width autosize is turned on. ) If height.autosize=yes, then you can call RowHeight() to get the actual adjusted height. Is there a comparable...
Has anybody else noticed slowness when running applications from the PB 2017 R2 IDE? I migrated a copy of our application from 12.5 (our current production version) to 2017 R2, and found it to be painfully slow (e.g., our application's splash ...
I am curious if there is a database included in the PB purchase? I don't see anything in the docs or FAQ but I might have missed it. It has been a LONG time since I purchased PB for myself but I think it used to come with a copy of SQL Anywher...
Helo all , I have an desktop app , using pb 2017 r2 . running and connecting to mssql  2014 DB . The pb + database are  installed on the same sever Now , I need to develop .Net WebService . ( it going to be published on the same server) . I ...
Hi there pb fellows... I am testing the autocompile utility (Appeon PB 2017 R2). Everything worked like a charm, and i was able to put the script as a planned operation without troubles. My question is: is it normal that the utility is very slow c...

There are no discussions available here currently