1. Nilotpal Bera
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Sunday, 7 March 2021 09:51 AM UTC

Hi,

I faced few issues while deploying PowerServer project using PwerServer 2021 Beta.

Though I cannot replicate it but it happens randomly.

Issue: While deploying project, the C# solution sometimes gets messed up like for example the embedded SQL file.

If I make any changes in the embedded SQL within PowerScript and deploy, instead of updating that particular SQL in the file, it adds another SQL within the same file with the same string identifier as the already existing one that starts with 'sqlhandle_XX_XXXXX '. While building the solution it gives error and manually needs to be removed.

Same goes with DataWindow models, sometimes all the datawindows/datastores are overwritten while deploying and sometimes not.

Thanks,

Nilotpal

Accepted Answer
Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 9 March 2021 03:31 AM UTC
  3. # Permalink

Hi Nilotpal,

I did not reproduce the issue. May I ask if other applications have the same issue? Please try to full build PB code and make sure there is no error.

If it is reproducible, please open a Support Ticket and provide a simple PB case & detailed steps to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Zhaokai

Comment
  1. Nilotpal Bera
  2. Tuesday, 16 March 2021 09:56 AM UTC
Hi Zhaokai,

It is a random behavior, not able to replicate the same, faced it 3-4 times.

Will let you know if find any defined steps to reproduce.

Thanks for your time and support.

Best Regards,

Nilotpal
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 7 March 2021 15:31 PM UTC
  3. # 1

After you do a first conversion are you doing subsequent conversions by selecting the "Choose an existing solution" radio button in the Web API tab or are you leaving it on default "Create a new C# solution"?

This definitely sounds like a bug regardless, but I just want to see which Web API generation option has the bug.

Comment
  1. Nilotpal Bera
  2. Tuesday, 16 March 2021 09:57 AM UTC
Hi Ameen,

Greetings!

Actually it is a random behavior, not able to replicate the same, faced it 3-4 times.

Marking it as resolved as of now, will surely let you know in case find some predefined steps for this.

Thanks
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 16 March 2021 14:31 PM UTC
OK, thanks!
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 7 March 2021 15:12 PM UTC
  3. # 2

Hi Nilotpal;

For obvious possible errors like this vs general how-to questions, please open a Support Ticket and attach your findings / recreation details to the ticket.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.