Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We've been working with GIT and ADO for a few months now. Today, I did a git pull, followed by refresh. But I got errors about files not compiling after the pull. Also, can't save objects without an error. It seems as though the source and the pbl ar...
PowerClient ISSU   PowerBuilder 2021 Build 1509   KernellBase.dll ERROR   <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System>   <Provider Name="Application Error" />   <EventID ...
Hello,  We have to convert blob data into string. The blob content could be encoded in UTF8, ANSI or UTF16LE.  How to identify which encoder to use for string conversion? Thank you, Yuri...
I just migrated my app from 2019r3 to 2021 and after the migration and build and deploy anywhere I use FileExists or FileCopy returns a failure on execution.   Is there something new with 2021 in regards to these functions that changed?  I have test...
Hi   We are in the process of upgrading our app from 2019R3 to 2021. The app is a client server app and is installed in a network drive. When i execute the executable from my local machine that has Powerbuilder installed, it works as expected. Howe...
I have a problem with GIT from IDE powerbuilder. I use PB2017 R3 Build 1915 I can Pull and commit with success but when i try to push i receive this message: Starting to push workspace...Git client is pushing workspace. Please wait...Pushing curre...
Hello, What we noticed in PB 2019 R3 is that if the Lines in DropDown property is changed for a column in a datawindow whose edit style is DropDownDW either in the Painter or via script, then the drop-down list won't open correctly. What opens is a ...
Hi, When one of our clients tries to open a docx file from our app, it crashes. Same with doc or docm. Other clients don't have the problem.  No problem with xlsx files. To open files, we use a windows API "ShellExecuteA". Laurent...
I need to extend a picture button so that I can control where the text is placed in the button better. I also want to make the button have a 'hover' image like a web button. This has proven challenging, but I've made a sample user object below that...
I would like to know when any character has been entered into a SingleLineEdit, even before the user presses Enter or Tab (which is when the Modified event occurs). Is there a way to know that?...
We are automating Powerbuilder 2019 application using automation tool UFT. But the objects inside a pbdatawindow are getting identified as rows and columns and not as inividual objects like a dropdown or an edit box. We tried using UI Automation as w...
Hi,   One of our customers had a error when starting the application via the /iwarunner.html. He gets the error 'Failed to load the WebLibrary module. Error Code: 80040154' and title AppeonIWAShell See also attachment Do you know what could be w...
I want to format a decimal (money) to the form "12.345,56" and use the command string(ldec_amount,"##,###,###,###,##0.00")Normally it works well, but from time to time (rare) I get a char(160) instead of the dot.What could be the reason for that? Is ...
We just migrated applications from PB10 to PB2019R3.  Currenlty they are all set up to connect to the databases with ODBC.  We would like to move to OLE or SNC for connections. However, we have ran into an issue.  When trying to get data from a data...
Hi Is there any way how to serialize/deserialize structure or class in PB? I've found a thread which use PBNI but I'm looking for a pure PB solution. Is it even possible? The main issue is how to get/set values. My goal is to find a better way how...
In my dw, I have a column that requires the user to double-click to select a value from another table (Search screen).  This works great, but before the Select response window displays, I get a message "Value Required for this Item"... twice.  How ca...
In the documentation case, when using PBAutoBuild210.exe to implement CI/CD, the source control modes that can be configured are SVN, Git, and VSS (Visual SourceSafe). But we use TFS (Visual Studio Team Foundation Server) products for source control,...
Hi all, here is the situation:  Oracle DBs, PB 2017 or PB 2021, Win 10 64 Bit.On our main window we had tabs with tabpages. On tabpages are some datawindows with SELECTs over DBLinks and in selectionchanged event of tabpages Embedded SQLs over DBLi...
Several weeks back I tried to log into Powerbuilder 21 on my laptop (working from home) and was told that I had no license. I cannot seem to fix this. I tried logging in today with the "No Internet" option, and on going to site https://docs.appeon.co...
Hi,We are using PBNISMTP object (pbnismtp.pbx) to send mails throw SMTP, and it works fine on PB19 and we are very grateful.But now we need to include Message-ID on mail Headers, SMTP server is not generating it. I have found on https://github.com/br...

There are no discussions available here currently