1. Malek Taha
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 13 May 2022 19:50 PM UTC

Hi

We are in the process of upgrading our app from 2019R3 to 2021. The app is a client server app and is installed in a network drive.

When i execute the executable from my local machine that has Powerbuilder installed, it works as expected. However when i ran the app (same executable folder) from a machine that does not have powerbuilder it failed to connect to the database. The 2019 compiled version works fine on all machines but the 2021 build does not. I added a message box after the call to the connection function to return SQLErrText the message is attached.

Notice on the message it says Version=21.0.0.0 however the xml file has 21.0.0.1506

Please help

Thanks

Malek

Attachments (1)
Malek Taha Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 13 May 2022 23:06 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thanks again John

Yes it was missing one dll sybase.powerbuilder..datasource.sharing 

It all works fine now

Thanks For all your help 

malek

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Malek Taha Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 13 May 2022 21:10 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi John

Thanks for the response. we are using ADO.net the runtime is is a subfolder (Runtime 21.0.0.1506) under the exe etc.. 

The xml file reads 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Application>
<RuntimePath>\Runtime 21.0.0.1506</RuntimePath>
</Application>

Everything else is installed. As i mentioned the 2019 build runs fine on the same machine but the 2021 build fails to connect to the database.

executing the app (located on a network drive )from a machine that has powerbuilder installed it worked fine.

running the same executable from the same network drive on a machine that does not have powerbuilder installed it failed 

Thanks 

Malek

Comment
John Fauss Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 13 May 2022 20:27 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Obviously, something is missing from the installation or it cannot be located.

Which DB interface are you using to connect to SQL Server (SQLCA.DBMS = ????)?

Has the DB client interface software been installed (i.e., Microsoft SQL Server Native Client or Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server 32-bit and/or 64-bit if the app is deployed as 64-bit)?

Has the PB runtime DLL for the DB interface (PBSNC.dll, PBMSO.dll, for example) been included with the other PB runtime DLL's?

Does the version/release/build of the PB runtime DLL's match the version used to build/deploy the app?

Do the runtime DLL's reside in the same folder as the app? If yes, make sure the XML file that names the location of the runtime DLL's is deleted. If no, make sure this XML file resides with the app and that it specifies the correct path to the runtime DLL's.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.