Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Is it possible to set your filter string to be an array?  I want users to be able to select multiple "keywords" from a list.  Then filter a master list based on whether or not the "keyword" column in the datawindow contains one of the selected keywor...
PB2019R3, b2703Window 10, 64 bit platform, VMWhat is the way to integrate JDBC into the Database Painter? We have installed Zulu Java, it's our replacement for Sun Java --> Oracle Java --> no longer free.We have instaledd EBD PostgreSQL as our ...
Am I right in thinking that if I have a non-visual COM object, that I can connect to with ConnectToNewObject on an OleObject, there is no way to see or process events that it might throw? I know about using a user object OleObject so I can catch the...
Is there a maximum size for the tooltip string text of a datawindow colum?...
Hi all, Took me a few days to get the Column sort to work, but it's working great now.  I have a question: I have a few master/detail windows.  When I click on a column label in the master dw to sort by that column, it sorts fine, but the detail dw ...
Sorry, second one today. PowerBuidler 2019 R3 build 2728 Windows 10 We have switched all our old Internet Explorer activeX controls to the new PowerBuilder web browser control and everything works great, until our .NET developers changed our login...
We have two userobjects uo_fms_picturebutton and uo_fms_picturebutton2 which are inherited from the standard picturebutton control.    4 of these are placed on our ancestor window object w_genapp_base, 2 of each type called cb_1,cb_2,cb_3_cb_4.  We w...
Hi: I am migrating pb6.0 to powerbuilder 2021 but it shows error as below,  gs_uid is global variable, so, Where can I declare powerbuilder 2021 global variables?   ---------- Compiler: Errors (下午 01:18:44)security.pbl(w_login).cb_ok.clicked.6: E...
Hello all, I'm using PowerBuilder 2019 R3 on Windows 10 Pro v21H2.  Clicking on File on the main PB menu, then Printer Setup, then choosing one of the printers listed, then clicking the Setup button seems to fail.  Nothing displays.  Seems to hang f...
We have a rather large Powerbuilder application running in many customer servers worldwide. Most customers run the program on windows terminal servers in a computer farm and virtual desktops. We are getting complaints that when upgrading to Windows...
Hi, we've been using SnapObjects for quite a while without too many issues, but today we found that one of our stored procedure calls truncates the output parameter to 4000 characters.  Is that configurable in SnapObjects, or is it a hard limit? We a...
Hello, In VisualBasic application, Internet Explorer browser control implementation was done as below.  Is there any sample for WebBrowser control to post data similar to below implementation?  Thanks. Dim strPostData As String strPostData = "uid=...
pbvm.dll 與window 11不相容。...
Hello, A customer reports that he was able to retrieve the login password stored in SQLCA.logpass using the process hacker tool. He asks us to secure this. How can we do this? Thank you in advance. Pierre...
I have a string array that I want to apply to a column so that array item one goes in row one, item two goes in row two, and so on. I could loop through them and do a SetItem but I was hoping for dot notation that would work in this code: DWObject ...
We recently migrated a 32 bit PB 8 app to 64 bit PB 19. Everything is looking good except for printing. The app generates "Error Number 14. Error opening DLL library pbvm80u.dll for external function...." I have done a search on the error and it loo...
Hello, Recently, when I create a new data window, or modify the select of an existing data window, the name of the column in the datawindow will be a combination of the table and column name. I am using Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build 1915.For example if...
How can I tell if PB is running in Citrix VS the desktop?   I have a popup window displayed in the lower right corner and I want it to move around when the MAIN FRAME window resizes.   It works great on my desktop but when it is deployed to Citrix it...
PowerBuilder v12.1, b7055PowerBuilder 2019R3Windows 10 64 bit platformI'd like to be able to generate QR codes from either version of PowerBuilder, and do so without paying massive amounts of money. Is this possible? If so, how can I make QR codes ha...
Hi all, I've got a few grid style DW's that I'd like to automatically sort when the user clicks on the column name (label). I'm using PB2021 and the latest PFC.  The dw's inherit from u_dw.  I'm turning on the sort service, but it seems to be ignore...

There are no discussions available here currently