Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi everyone I need to replace the scroll bar that normally appears in loops. Does anyone have Powerbuilder code (to be shared) with some nice animation?Thank'sGimmy  ...
When i use a Crypter Object i have a error with Power builder 2017 , because it close .  The error happen when i change the key and no use the key in the example : Blob lblb_data Blob lblb_key Blob lblb_iv Blob lblb_encrypt Blob lblb_decrypt ...
I am calling a .NET component given to me by our .NET Team from PowerBuilder 2017 R2. They tell me I need an .exe.config file for it to work. If I build my application into an executable, and add an .exe.config file, it does indeed work. However, wh...
Not sure if I am doing something wrong... I was trying out one of Roland Smiths objects for encryption, works fine in PB12.5 but fails when converted to Appeon Web.  Looks like it hangs up on the CRYPTCREATEHASH api..error 126 - module not found.  Mi...
Hi    will new UI theme feature work in power server web? ...
What exactly does the Commit command do and how does the IDE know to show checkmark as the scc status? The best I can figure, it exports updated objects to ws_objects which is the 'local repository'. If that is true, how does the IDE tell whether it...
I need to copy a single (one row only) changed row in a grid window into a data store for further validation.   If there a way to do it?...
Hi ! Sorry to have at least one issue per day in this period... I create a user object called uo_dw inherited from datawindow. Inside uo_dw, I declare a dwobject instance variable : dwobject    idwo_currentItem I also create a user event called u...
** The PowerBuilder IDE performs Push/Pull only to/from the branch Master with no declared enhancement on the product roadmap, yes? If so, what is the workflow using a branch other than Master?Please correct/refine the steps below... - Clone from n...
Hi all, Now i am using the PB2017R3 version and github to control the source. Just want to know when connect to workspace, how to convert to the branch code in PB IDE, not the default master? Thanks....
Hi all,   We are now converting our PB code on the server side to dll using IIS to publish. Is there any method could trace the log in the dll? Any function or interface we could use? Before we used the Errorlogging Object on the EA server. Now cou...
Not able to add a data source when trying to configure power server WEB. The drop down ODBC data source has only four default options listed. Can anyone help me with this? Please check the attachment. I captured the screenshot at the step where i am ...
Hi Guru In an old server client application I have to authenticate on LDAP. ( i have not active directoy but another ldap manager ) The information I have is: Host: ldap.xxxxxx.com Tcp Port: 389 BN: dc = xxxxxx, dc, yyyyy Uid: xxxcpwd: Xxix ...
Hello, Using PB 2017 SP3 Build 1880 [in a computed column in a datawindow] I need to display a computed column with amount in Indian Format [ ##,##,##,##0.00 ]   (See the comma).  When I create the expression as  namecolumn + ' (' + String(groupb...
Is there a way to set a column protect property in a grid window?   What I am trying to do is if the user changes another column, I would like to change the protect property on the comment column on the same row, so they are allowed to add a commen...
In Beta is possible to publish rest service ?! I see PB 12.5 can publish rest , but not find in PB 2017 R3 b.1880 to publish rest !...
I want to clarify the recommended direction for PB applications moving forward. Is it correct to say that Appeon is recommending customers move away from using the PB Desktop functionality? It appears that the guidance moving forward will be to gener...
Hi All, One of my customers is asking the PowerBuilder Security Code scanning as they have to submit the security code scanning report to the security team for review before rollout. Anyone know is it any tool ( or third-party tool ) can do this? Ma...
Hi Guru I'm rearranging the various manuals of courses made around the world under the guise of Powersoft, Sybase, Appeon. Does anyone have the manuals of the courses made in Vienna in 1996? If someone could share them ........ thank you ...
Hello everybody, In the datawindow painter, I specify "Help!" as a pointer for a column. At runtime, the "Help!" pointer appears only if the cursor is not in the column (see illustrations below). Is it normal behaviour ? Thank you ! Pierre    ...

There are no discussions available here currently