Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 TortoiseSVN 1.11.1, Build 28492 - 64 Bit Visual SVN Server 3.9.2   I added a workspace with more than one target (targets shares some pbls) to a SVN single project repository When I modify a datawindow for the fir...
Greetings all. Working with BETA, I make a build as usual, and install it on standalone machine, got all run-times files out of the package right in the installed directory. Getting ADO.Net connection error please see attached. Did check .net looks...
Hi, I'm new to the TX Text Control. How can I use the control functions and properties as described by the vendor? (https://www.textcontrol.com/documentation/?param=o_txtextcontrol.htm&product=ocx)     Specifically, I want to add a hyperlink an...
I am new to PowerBuilder.  We are adding two columns to a table.  One is a date, the other char(2).  I am able to insert something to the columns initially, but when I try to modify or delete the row, it does not work, because it did not properly ret...
Hello, I am looking to auto-hide a dockable window in an mdidockhelp! frame. The window opens in the frame and docks nicely. When the user hovers over the tab on the left, it slides out. I would like to have it set so that when the user's mouse is no...
Webservice proxy wizard is not showing under Project tab in PB2017 Build 1681  ...
Greetings all. Multi rows, multi column (edit) datawindow. I would like to change border or color or font or background of the current column on current row. Any chance appeon development team can add getcolumn() and/or getcolumnname() to datawind...
Company has recently upgraded Bitbucket  to new version (Atlassian Bitbucket v5.12.0) . Since then we are not able to connect the repository from Powerbuilder workspace IDE.  Getting the error:  However, we have no problem connecting the reposit...
We have a DW report with a Summary section with height 0 but autosize height, which can be varying heights depending on the data. We have found that PB tries to always keep the Summary section together on one page, but will never put it alone on the...
I will admit I am getting very frustrated with Powerserver/PowerBuilder 2017. I am running PB2017 R3, WIN10. Scenerio. 4 string variables String ls_1, ls_2, ls_3, ls_all ls_1, ls_2, ls_3 - all variables happen to have null values when "adding/co...
Hi all,   I just used the PB beta2 version to test the function to generate the datawindow to C# model, but it need to set the connection first. I see there are only 3 data source, postqresql, sqlserver, oracle. We are using sybase as DB, how could...
Hi everyone I need to replace the scroll bar that normally appears in loops. Does anyone have Powerbuilder code (to be shared) with some nice animation?Thank'sGimmy  ...
When i use a Crypter Object i have a error with Power builder 2017 , because it close .  The error happen when i change the key and no use the key in the example : Blob lblb_data Blob lblb_key Blob lblb_iv Blob lblb_encrypt Blob lblb_decrypt ...
I am calling a .NET component given to me by our .NET Team from PowerBuilder 2017 R2. They tell me I need an .exe.config file for it to work. If I build my application into an executable, and add an .exe.config file, it does indeed work. However, wh...
Not sure if I am doing something wrong... I was trying out one of Roland Smiths objects for encryption, works fine in PB12.5 but fails when converted to Appeon Web.  Looks like it hangs up on the CRYPTCREATEHASH api..error 126 - module not found.  Mi...
Hi    will new UI theme feature work in power server web? ...
What exactly does the Commit command do and how does the IDE know to show checkmark as the scc status? The best I can figure, it exports updated objects to ws_objects which is the 'local repository'. If that is true, how does the IDE tell whether it...
I need to copy a single (one row only) changed row in a grid window into a data store for further validation.   If there a way to do it?...
Hi ! Sorry to have at least one issue per day in this period... I create a user object called uo_dw inherited from datawindow. Inside uo_dw, I declare a dwobject instance variable : dwobject    idwo_currentItem I also create a user event called u...
** The PowerBuilder IDE performs Push/Pull only to/from the branch Master with no declared enhancement on the product roadmap, yes? If so, what is the workflow using a branch other than Master?Please correct/refine the steps below... - Clone from n...

There are no discussions available here currently