Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I want to know if I can change the name of the app after been deployed? We have different environments for testing, but is unacceptable under our standard to create a new power server project for each DB and redeploy. I need to use the same deploymen...
Hi This is an enhancement request Please allow referencing nested reports through GetChild. I think this is just an old Sybase limitation which has no reason anymore. This limitation can be cheated with a nasty trick: dw_1.Modify("processing=5") ...
Hi We currently have a very basic JWT Authentication model. We are looking to change this model so that the database login information is used as the user name and password for the authentication. ie. We need to extend the JWT authentication so tha...
Odd issue that's been plaguing me for awhile now. I'm trying to authenticate against ping access (grab a token) so that I can call a rest api with that token. Here's the powerbuilder code:  Constant Integer SECURE_PROTOCOL_TLS = 5 //Set TLS to 1...
There are about 70 libraries.Even when compiling only one specific PBL,It takes too long.Is there any way to shorten the time?...
Hello,We're in the process of upgrading our application from 32BIT to 64BIT using the PB2022.We're having an issue with this line on Local External Functions. SUBROUTINE RtlMoveMemory( long Dest, REF structure some_structure, long CBLen ) LIBRARY "k...
After compiling to Full, only one specific pblIs there any way to compile and distribute it?...
Hi, We currently use some ActiveX controls in Powerbuilder. To be able to use the ActiveX controls without registering them at runtime, we decided to add manifest entries for the corresponding DLL files. The DLLs are deployed by us relative to the E...
I've trying to run a compiled PB 2022 on a remote server.  We ran the PB runtime installer package on the server, and the runtime directory was created.  When I try to run the my PB 2022 app I receive this error message. Any help would be appreciate...
Good morning, During these days an automatic process is carried out from my PB application. When working with XML files, I use the PBDOM and when reading XML files and then making inserts to the DB, I get this error, which can be seen in the Image....
Hi, Appeon 2022 R2 building application to be deployed to the Powerserver .   When I set the ini not to overwrite (see picture attached) it still over writes client ini files.   Ideally I  dont want to overwrite all the client ini files when I d...
It runs fine from source.An error occurs once when running the compiled executable file.It happens. In this case, after regenerating the relevant PBL,If you compile and deploy it, it works normally.What is the reason?...
因为都要使用信创产品,  pb 需要运行在国产服务器操作系统上 1.  能推荐下 pb2019 R3装在哪个国产服务器操作系统上兼容性等都比较好的系统吗?  另外 能推荐下国产数据库用哪个好吗? 能提供下安装方法? 2.  怎样安装pb2019, 是不是和在windowserver里面安装一样? 或者能帮助提供安装步骤方法? 3.  powerserver 也都要安装到 国产操作服务器上, 也请能提供 安装步骤什么的?   我现在使用的是  pb2019  ,   powerserve...
Hi  Our client complains that whenever they are trying to export a report in PB application they are getting the application error as attached in the screen shot. They are getting this error when they are using Microsoft 365 and its working perfect...
We have some background server processing in PB 17 that read from a static SQL Server Database - there appears to be some locking contention and it has been suggested that we have our SQL Queries implement NoLock. Is that done in the ODBC connection...
PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353 We receive "Error opening dll library pbCrypt.dll for external function in line 20..." when calling Sec_3DesCryptApi. In Runtime and only on one virtual machine. On others it works ok. This function Sec_3DesCryptApi ...
I have a grid datawindow. I'm trying to see if I can add another search column within a column in the grid. So, could I make the first row a search column? And, could I make it a different dddw depending on the row? For example, when I retrieve my ...
mailsession object not working in windows 11. ...
Hello PB Community, I'm running into a weird issue with images in resource file. The application has been running for a long time now and this issue just came up and seems to be only happening with this particular user. All other users don't have th...
With CVE-2024-0056 (SQL Server high security alert) what versions of Powerbuilder are affected and what is the Appeon advice on avoidance of this issue.(ref: NVD - CVE-2024-0056 (nist.gov))...

There are no discussions available here currently