Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
A couple questions: Will the PB 2021 IDE be able to choose PB 2019-R3 builds that are installed? What is the projected release timeframe? The roadmap for 2021 doesn't mention any improvements to the desktop. Are there any notable changes/improveme...
In migrating to PB 2019 R3, we found a behavior change on datawindows with a populated group trailer band. In PB 2017 and earlier, our collapsed trailer bands w/ content (text, fields, etc) would autosize when data was retrieved - even when the chec...
Hi;     I recently modified an Infomaker form (using 2019 r2) to connect to a SQL Server database rather than Oracle. The form is used so people can add new users to roles. I am assuming it was made in the one-to-many type because it is supposed t...
Hello Appeon team context: PowerBuilder 2019R3 Professional, build #2670 OS: Windows 10; Windows Server 2016 In the application, we have a module allowing to associate to (ex.) products different files, images, html, documents We decided to use t...
Once we click on the text field (with AutoSelect = false) in a dw, the cursor is positioned at the beginning of the field by default. We should make another click to change it position to the desired one.  Is there a way to set the cursor position a...
This is a continuation of my question about saving screenshots of windows, which has been well answered. Now ideally we would want to make this functionality obvious to users, and one idea would be to have a little camera icon (or something like tha...
Hello, When I convert a datawindow to a C# model in SnapDevelop, it takes forever. "Forever" meaning about 2 minutes. The first times I was thinking that it just didn't work. My DW has about 10 columns, 1 or 2 tables. If I try other DW's it's the ...
I think that i have a dwshare issue. We are sharing 6 child datawindows with the parent and the users are getting an error on one column in only one of the child datawindows that is being shared with the parent. The code for this is ls_pmdc = GetIte...
How can we do PowerClient version cleanup tasks on the IIS Server that contains all versions? In my case in previous versions I loaded many external files, those that keep trying to be downloaded by the PowerClient and are registered in the log file...
Has anything been done in PB 2019-R2 or R3 to prevent aborts on NULL? I know about the function to check for null but I was hoping that it would be enhanced to not need that....
Hello. I am working on a mobile application based on the example of appeon salesdemo mobileframe. Currently, I can lock my app in portrait mode, so if I rotate my phone 90 degrees it still remains in portrait mode, but if I flip it over, it goes to ...
Does anyone have a way to set the datawindow picture control's .Border weight and color when using Line type borders? I cannot see any additional properties so I am guess "nothing out of the box" but perhaps you have some idea of how to accomplish t...
Hi,   Someone have an alternative to replace .Net assembly target in PB2019 to generate a component usable with .Net application?   Thank you for help....
  Some of rows and columns are getting blurred data on window after upgrading PowerBuilder application from version 2017 R2 to 2019 R3. After PowerBuilder Upgrade, issue with the displaying data on window, when we run the application on the citrix ...
Hello everybody,when i generate an executable, is it possible to save the executable (.exe) and all related .pbd in a specific folder (other than the development one)?I tried to insert the new folder in "Executable file name" but save only the .exe f...
I have a report with enrollment statistics with both a graph and a table values, both being nested reports on the larger report. After a few entries, the data spills over onto the next nested report. I changed the nested report to show as two newspap...
We have about 5 Customers using our solution developed with Powerbuilder 2017 R3. We have issues with some of them as they are not comfortable with the mode of deployment into their environmentWe want to move to Powerbuilder 2019 R3 to allow us to ma...
How to activate the licenses of Infomaker. We have registered wit Appeon. When we try to open the Infomaker and supply the credentials then we receive the message as cannot find valid license. We have license purchased through hexagon. Kindly guide ...
Hi , I have one requirement, I need to print the PDF files from my local folder to default printer in my pb2019 application. I am using following code: Local External Function:  Function long ShellExecute( long hwnd,  string lpOperation, string l...
Hi Friends, I am trying PS2021, the lifetime of a session, how could I control it?because the service falls(api) if it is not used in a short time The system connects with the same transact SQLCA to several databases, dynamically, as it would be do...

There are no discussions available here currently