Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi We successfully migrated our Powerbuilder 11.5 app source with SVN to Powerbuilder 2019 R3 source with Git. We now want to go a step further and automate the Powerbuilder exe and pbd compilation.  We want to use pbc to compile the app, but befo...
Hello, I am wondering how to rely on database context variables with PS 2021. We're using Oracle but the question applies to any DB. In a c/s PB app, there are DB variables whose value lives for the life of the connection. The PB app can fetch thes...
Greetings,   My boss has requested that I extract all of the source code from a PowerBuilder application to a separate single file for him to review.  Does PowerBuilder have an option or a utility application to extract all the source code from a w...
We are migrating an application using Oracle from PB9 to PB 2019 R3 build 2703.  They have a test version of the application that users can launch directly from a network share via a batch file that is called from a shortcut.  I created a new folder ...
Dear ,                We are created mobile application when user will login and attempt our first shop then we insert the time in database and mark there attendance. But user reach to market at 11 a.m and change there mobile time to 9.am and visit ...
Hi there, I have done the procedure to run my app as IWA. The IWA shortcut successfully displays on my desktop, but when I run it, I get the following message: AppeonIWAShell: Failed to launch the PB application. URL address is https://www.sinergylow...
Hi Team,   We are facing some problem in PowerBuilder 17 version upgrade. Actually we searched one field value from our application screen but it was fetched the description id instead of description name.   Previously it was works fine in the ea...
Hi I have a strange behavior with powerbuilder application running in a VM (ESX Server). After the VM is resized sometimes the powerbuilder application pop ups a strange dialog and want to save a SSE file (see attachment). After closing the dialog t...
Hi guys, i'm writing again about a problem about LDAP over SSL authentication. Using PB2LDAP (downloaded from APPEON download area) i can connect without problems with LDAP connection. But there is no way to connect with server using LDAPS (using ...
Estamos tentando criar um cliente de serviço da web. Este serviço da web é um ponto de extremidade MEX (https: // xxx / MEX? Wsdl)     Versão Powerbuilder: 2017 R3 Testamos com SoapUI e funciona bem Att.,   Fabricio...
If possible, please share it on CodeXchange and post the link here.   Thanks!...
I'm upgrading from PB 12.5 to 2019 R2 (build 2353) and have come across a problem.  We have a structure that is a set of arrays of each type of variable, that we use to generalize passing parameters.  One of the variable types is an array of powerobj...
PB2019R3Pbc12.1The PBv12.1 code is a separate EXE called from the PB2019 app using the RUN command.The PBv12.1 code starts and gets the Windows Handle of the calling window.What I want to do is to cast the Handle into a datatype so I can directly ref...
Hellow, I am tring to capture picture from webcam using webcam.js.( see an example here: https://makitweb.com/how-to-capture-picture-from-webcam-with-webcam-js/ ) Then, I want to load this page with PB webbrowser. The problem is that when using th...
Hello, PB 2019 R3 2 windows - 1 view window and 1 edit window view window list all required records from a table and when double clicked it opens the edit window with data for that row.  Both view window and edit window are open now [in a mdi wind...
We're using PB 2017 R3 and making SOAP-based web service calls via the httpclient. From our client system, we call an internal API that we host that serves as a wrapper for a 3rd party API to process credit card payments. Everything has been workin...
In the Ribbonbar Builder, it generates XML file with names of events to trigger on Clicked event. How is this XML file deployed if users could change the event names by editing the XML file to access windows that they may not have access to? They cou...
I Installed the last build SnapDevelop 2703 but now I cant see my PB workspace anymore in my solution explorer and the button to add a PB workspace when right-clicking on the solution has disappeared......
How do I connect Powerbuilder to TFS as my source control but my source control does not list "Microsoft Team Foundation Server" as an option to choose in the pulldown list?...
I am trying to migrate a web service application, running on IIS, from PB 11.5 to PB 2019 R3. When I tried to run the web service, I got the DataWindow Server PBDWM150.DLL or required DLLs (atl71.dll, msvcp71.dll or msvcr71.dll) not foundI understa...

There are no discussions available here currently