Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi Team, We are migrating our application from power builder 11.5 to power Builder 2017 R2. Build is successful but we see an bug with of_printDlg function which seems to be carried from old versions. can you please look into this. I have attached th...
I am trying to use PowerBuilder 2017 R3 classic to connect to Microsoft Dynamics and consume REST services. Dynamics is using Active Directory for authentication. This requires obtaining and setting a kerberos token in the http header for the reques...
One of my team mates installed the PB2017 R2 Runtimes via the runtime packager but promptly misplaced the msi file so I can't perform an automated uninstall.  Is there a way to manually uninstall?  I want to install the R3 runtimes, and want to have ...
Hello, I need to create bar codes in EAN 128. I need the algorithm and the font that interprets it.I have been testing with several functions that I have found on the internet and with many fonts of bar code (code 128.ttf) but I can not get any one ...
Hello, When i use the .net assembly to get the datawindow rowcount from client with the soap connection, but it failed to get, is there any special with this version? It successed in PB12. Or is there any speical setting for the datawindow to put th...
    I have a small application written in c# consuming a webservice which returns a list of companies. I would like to use the same in PB in order to integrate the web service consumption with my business requirements. The only problem that I have...
Buenas noches a todos.   Instale el Power Builder 2017 R3, tengo el siguiente problema no me conecta a la base de datos. EL cliente oráculo y base de daots es 10g.   1. sistema operativo windows 10 a 64 bits, si utilizo power builder 2017R2 si c...
hi,   we have a problem. on the properties tab of the workspace we wish to choose PbNative as a source control.  but from some reason PbNative does NOT appear there and in fact the source control system dropdown is EMPTY!  this only happens for o...
Hello, We are missing several metadata types after the database change from Oracle 10 to Oracle 11. how can we add these? (Example: Timestamp)   tia...
We setup a wsdl in the latest PB 2017 worked great. But now we tried to create a datawindow with the datasource as a webservice or even just capture and parse it in the code.  Problem is it's coming back as a system.object data type and the datawind...
We have an application which needs to select a random row from about 15000 rows.   we are getting the value from ll_row = Rand(ll_rowcount) During repeated testing Ive noticed a unexpected high frequency of specific numbers (like 993) which defy t...
did a new install of PB2017 on Win 10 PC. all went well trying to setup DB profiles and keep getting - "No Database interfaces are installed. Please run Setup program to install the appropriate interface(s). have re-ran install and made sure all DB...
Hello, Will changing the background color of a field, having dddw, affects data retrieved in the dddw ? I got a dw with a field that got drop-down-datawindow [dddw].  I write code in edit changed [typeahead] even for easy selection of data from tha...
Hi All, I'm about to deploy our applications after migrating to Powerbuilder 2017.  I will be deploying a PB Classic Win 32 application and also a Powerbuilder .Net Assembly.  I'm assuming I will need to install both PBCLTRT170.msi and pbr...
Hello, there's a Mobile Device API for iOs and Android mobile devices. But what about the support of Windows 10 tablets? Is there any simple way to get something like eon_mobile_cameraex or eon_mobile_barcodeex for Windows 10? I can't find it in PB...
Hi Is it possible to use kerberos or ntlm authentication with Powerbuilder 2017 WebServices? Thank you in advance Karl...
Hi, After calling SyntaxFromSql() I am seeing the "ansinull" property change from off to on. This is causing some queries to fail. I am connecting to ASE using ODBC. I issued SyntaxFromSql() calls just after connecting to the database. I checked an...
ola bom dia. Estou com dificuldade de achar alguma documentação falando sobre Bluetooth, estou precisando emparear um botão, tipo um botão de pânico, para dar incio a uma operação assim que o botão Bluetooth for acionado. se alguém souber de algo agr...
Hello team,  We want to deploy ejb3.0 using powerbilder 2017 build 1666.  Ejb2.0 jars we can deploy in PB 2017 because it has remote and home interface class name but ejb3.0 jars is not supportive and cant deploy because we do not have home interfa...
Hello team,  We are using Appeon Powerbuilder 2017 build 1666.  The idle event of application object is not getting trigger. Below is the code written in it.  Idle(60) HALT Close   Is this a bug or what is wrong, please suggest.    Thanks & R...

There are no discussions available here currently