Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
We are currently trying to convert all of our code from Sybase to SQL Server database (v19) using MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server database driver v18.5   Our latest critical issue is a datawindow update that is returning a -3 from a datawindow update. We tr...
I am following the PB Tutortials for PB 2017. I am having a problem running the applications cause it does not have the database for the examples. I do not want to use the SQL Anywhere and would like to get the scripts to create the tables and suppor...
SQL Developer can connect successfully but there's an issue in PowerBuilder database profile setup - Oracle 10g when I tried to connect. Appreciate any advise on how to resolve the Oracle error ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred?  tnsnames.ora...
Hello,     We had a older version of PB code , Recently we compiled the code in  Appeon version 2019 R3 and deployed the newer version to the production servers.      we are facing very poor performance with our scanning process. Its takes approxim...
We have a PB classic application migrating to PS (latest PB etc.), connecting to Oracle 19 database.  When the application runs in PS it is not encapsulating multiple SQL statements in a transaction, almost as though a commit is issued between each s...
Hi, we trying to run pbautobuild on our azure devops pipeline. The problem is we can't configure the runtime in pbautobuild and neither can we install the runtime with the installer.  How can we specify the runtime path in pbautobuild. thx, André ...
Challenge we have The DB Connections are pooled by IIS, Oracle 19c as BACKEND and we would not able to capture the OS USER ID for Auditing the actions. Audit of user actions are captured using bcakend triggers and user name is used as "OS USER", si...
i CAN´T ACTIVATE POWER SERVER IN LOCALHOST/AEM/ I GOT THIS MESSAGE Failed to log in. Please make sure a valid online license is assigned to the account. Error code: 1009, error message: Cannot find a valid license. i UPGRADE MY LICENSE FROM PROFES...
How can we suppress the "Upgrade App" response window on the client as PowerClient-deployed applications are upgraded to the next version? We wish for the User to not be able to bypass upgrading the app to the next version once that next version is ...
Tengo una aplicaicon PB2021 , al crear un proyecto POWERSERVER 2021; estoy teniendo problemas con la generacion del modelo, en SnapDev, veo que el modelo crea un tipo de datos que no corresponde al DW. El asunto es que el SP DataSource del dw es un ...
Hello everyone, when using Themes the window size changes. The size is different in the IDE/With Themes/ Without Themes: Or: Take a look at the space between the Button "none" and the window border. Is there any way to have the same availa...
I am able to create a window function where the datatype is set to 'structure', not a specific structure object. When I try to call the function I get a compile error: C0008: Incompatible types in assignment: structure, s_numbers Is it possible to...
Hi, we are using the WebBrowser control in PB2019R3 to view PDF files.  Some of our users have asked whether they can choose where to save the file when they click the download button. I can't find a way to do that. I know I can set a download locati...
Hi, Currently in PB2019R2, we are looking to migrate to the latest PB2021 build. We have several .NET Web Service (SOAP) initially developed in PB12. We know that they are no more supported, but we don't have the time and the knowledge to migrate ...
HI, migrated from PB2019R2 to R3 (with theme PB) we noticed that Windows are visible before open event ends, it doesn't seem to be the case in previous versions. So we see, the resize, the centering of the window More annoying, in reports where t...
Hello, Controller/Service scaffolding in SnapDevelop API generates HttpPost method that can also be used for HttpPut, i.e. for updating only one row of a given model (which is a must for non-PB REST client): // Controller[HttpPut]public async Task&...
I have created and deployed my PowerServer project and it works without problems. Then I try to create a package to deploy to another server. However, at the very end of this process, I get the following error: Failed to create compressed package 'C...
Hi, For our product development we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and soon planning to migrate to PB2019 R3 for an upcoming release. However the older versions of our product will continue to use PB2017R3. We have been using VSS as SCM tool for cou...
Hello, I would like to know what font does Powerbuilder use in its traditional menu. I switched to contemporary and the fonts changed. I would like to use the old ones....
Hello every one, our security team disable SMB protocol version 1 and version 2 and allow version 3.3 now i can not deploy web services from power builder is that normal? does power builder does not support the recent version of this protocol ? i...

There are no discussions available here currently