Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have applied Theme in the object by using "applytheme()" function in open event of window (Screen A) and It was working as expected.   But without closing the screen A, if we try to open another screen (Screen B) which we have not applied theme ...
Hi, I understand that we can open a SnapDevelop project in Visual Studio. Is there a PowerBuilder licence needed on a PC with Visual Studio using project with .NET DataStore? Thanks,Marcin...
We downloaded PB2019R3 and converted our PB12 application.  We switched the db driver to msoledbsql to connect to our Sql Server 2016 database.  My activity monitor shows 2 connections with the same session ID leading me to believe the multiple activ...
Hi all,  i was wondering if any one know if its possible to  have alternating color on a background object on the group level of an infomaker report?  I am currently using the below code for the detail section  If(mod(getrow(),2 )=1, rgb(255, 255,...
Hi, I have a problem with my software in PB 2019 when I use Multithread. It seems that the application becomes "Unstable" when I use Multithread and it crashes randomly. Regardless of whether I run in IDE or executable Apparently it is in any Threa...
PB 2019 We have font expressions in our DW's that will change the color depending upon if the column is enabled or disabled. My current setup used 'Button Face' as the disabled color and 'Window Background' as the Enabled color. When applying a Them...
Hi People,  How can I Optimize FOR statement in PB2019?I have noticed that these loops produce a 90 second delay.   nteger row, col, colByte, col2, k, l, i long colsbyte lb_char int Rows Rows = lngHeight cols =ll_ancho_col //lngWidth -comentado ag...
Hi all, I'm getting the null responses from non-development device by running executables (.exe) i.e., PB2017 R3 is not installed in this device. But I'm getting the responses from a device where PB is installed. The code is shown below: li_rc = ln...
Hello everyone... Along with saying hello, I want to check if anyone knows the following: 1) I understand that SOAP is obsolete in power builder 2019. How should it be implemented? 2) If I migrate from power builder 9 to version 2019. Will t...
It used to be that you could put "TRACE SNC" into the DBMS field in an ini file, and that would work to start a trace going when the application was launched.  However, when I do that in PB 2019, I get "DBMS TRACE SNC is not supported in your install...
So it seems Git for Windows version 2.29 does not support password authentication anymore. It now requires you to open a browser to log in for the next Fetch/Pull/Whatever? Does anyone know what this might mean for all the new Git features in PB 2019...
I have code that i need to use dynamic cursors for to scan for key values in referential testing. database is postgres. the first query must be in sql as the compiler does not recognize the @ character as SQL. it works fine. the second query canno...
Hello Everyone, When I try to open chrome browser thru Run option in Power Builder Run("chrome.exe"), it is not opening the chrome browser. But if I specify the full path of chrome exe it opens the chrome browser successfully. Run ("C:\Program Fil...
Hi,   I'm just starting to use the .net dll importer and it seems to do what I need it to do. I've now progressed to the next step of deploying the application. This is my first stumbling block as the application seems to be looking in the director...
i HAVE A SERVER ON PYTHON IS FROM A CLIENT, I MUST CONNECT TO THIS AND SEND DATA THIS SERVER RECEIVE DATA BY SOCKETS , HOW CAN I DO IN POWERBUILDER THANK YOU  ...
Hi All We have been using the HTTPClient successfully for months in one of our applications, it has stopped working and the following code returns a -1 for the call and an empty string for the responsetext. The odd thing is that the same EXE works o...
Hi,   Just thought I would let people know of a little problem we came across in using GIT and OrcaScr190, took a while to figure out but pretty obvious once the problem was identified. We have a large application of over 100 libraries and we use ...
Hello"powerbuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328""Appeon PowerServer 2019 Build 2151.00"I'm using the product.I've tried a new feature called "WebBrowser" control.If you run it as an application, it works normally.butOperation of the "Appeon" deploy results in ...
Hi. Since moving to PB 2019 from PB 12.5.2, our customers with multiple monitors are reporting seeing some issues. Notably, they are running our MDI application on the secondary monitor, but certain windows such as response! windows are only opening...
Hello, we use the native svn integration of Powerbuilder 2019 R2. In our projects some of the pbl's are class libraries (like pfc's). If a programmer wants to update the class libraries he get's a lock on the pbl's in Powerbuilder and copies the ne...

There are no discussions available here currently