Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We are using PBUltimateSuite.  Creating the graph went fine, however when the application is run we get the following error Unresolvable external w_pbwc_graph_painter when linking at line 1 in ue_init event of object uov_chart_js_datawindow. There ...
Hello, I have a stored procedure that populates a datawindow.  Works in Powerbuilder but not in Powerserver.  I'm on 2019 R2.  The message I get is: Failed to Analyse the Stored Procedure Syntax. due to input string was not in correct format. My sp...
I'm working on a nested report which has multiple masters and details. By using a datastore I can insert rows into the datastore (which uses the same datawindow as the nested report). I can copy the data from the datastore to the first nested repor...
A strange new issue has come up since I migrated to PB 2019 R3. Unfortunately for me, two customers discovered this in production after I upgraded their applications. It seems that the DataWindow Print() method fails with certain printer/driver comb...
I migrated an application from 8.0 to 2019 R3. I found a windows script command that is supposed to open an Excel file but it is not working. Does this need a syntax fix or is there a better way to open the file? The following is the code:   wsh = ...
Updated to PB 2017 R3 1951.  Now my scroll does not work using the mouse when on the script panel.  Has anyone run into this?...
I'm relatively new to using the RestClient and SnapDevelop, but things were going fine in converting our app's DB access to asp.net core web api's until I encountered an issue with the RestClient.Submit method...in particular Syntax 1,  objectname...
Our app uses SQL Server, SNC connection, PB 2019 GA.   One of our customers added a trigger that emails an admin person when someone enters an invalid password. They were getting three emails at a time so they did a dbtrace and sure enough there w...
Hello everyone. I am working with PB 11.5. The IDE crashes whenever I open the datawindow painter. I did a reinstall as well but that did not help. Any ideas how to get it working again? Here is the entry from the application event log:  Log Name: ...
I am currently using PB 2019 R3 CloudPro Edition and trying to deploy an application to PowerServer (PB Edition).  I have deployed several simple applications with no issue.  I am now trying to deploy a more complex application and I am getting sever...
Good Morning Everyone,  I'm having an strange issue while testing an application which connects to an Informix Database. The thing is that it connects ok, but when I execute an SQL command:   select sum(importe) into :lc_importe_menos from ftrans...
Hi I am learning how to use git with our powerbuilder 2019 R3 (freshly migrated) app. I've successfully created a new git repo in bitbucket for this powerbuilder app. I did a few tests and it worked fine. But a separated repo is not the ideal scen...
Hello, PB 2019R3, SnapDevelop 2019 R3 Installed Powerbuilder 2019R3 without first installing IIS in a Windows 10 machine.  Now trying to run  https://github.com/Appeon/.NET-DataStore-Examplehttps://github.com/Appeon/PowerBuilder-RestClient-Example...
Respected Sir/ Madam, We are working with PB19 R2 build 2323 and facing fields assignments being disturbed issues. Following is detailed information about the issue. 1. open created pipeline in pipeline painter and we can see fields assignments g...
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 build 1769 PowerBuilder 2019 R3 build 2703 We are a team of a few developers. Right now we are migrating our PB 2017 R2 application to PB 2019 R3. So we have both versions installed on our PCs. I am able to open as many PB 2017...
HI, how can do for show progress bar while dw update execute (insert, update), I need show of progress the insert because to many rows import of excel and take long time   thanks   Luis...
HiI'm trying to deploy an application from PB2019R3 with a remote FTP server with tls/ssl explicit encryption. When i type in the Remote server configuration and press 'Test FTP Connection' it connects succesfully to the server. When i upload cloud ...
Hi! The scrollbar doesn't work with mouse wheel on remote desktop. in Another application, for example notepad, Google Chrome, etc  It works. Why? In this pandemic environment, we need to use remote desktop, because the office of our company is c...
Respected Sir/ Madam, We are working with PB19 R2 build 2323 and facing fields assignments being disturbed issues. Following is detailed information about the issue. 1. open created pipeline in pipeline painter and we can see fields assignments get...
Hi, I've deployed a 2019 R3 version of my application and, having placed all the runtime components into the same folder as the actual application, I still get an error 'Please check whether Powerbuilder Accessibility library can be located in the p...

There are no discussions available here currently