1. Romesh Bhavsar
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Sunday, 25 April 2021 16:59 PM UTC

Respected Sir/ Madam,

We are working with PB19 R2 build 2323 and facing fields assignments being disturbed issues. Following is detailed information about the issue.

1. open created pipeline in pipeline painter and we can see fields assignments gets disturbed i.e. one source field is assigned to incorrect one. Please refer attached screen with red highlighted section.
2. We can see correct assignment in edit source of the pipeline.
3. I would like to further inform that both source and destination connections of pipeline are up and working condition.
4. The functionality is extremely business critical and so we need to work in edit source of the pipeline which is awkward and confusing.

Requesting to provide solution of issue asap so that we can work smoothly with pipeline.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Romesh

Attachments (1)
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 26 April 2021 18:21 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Romesh;

FWIW: This issue can appear when the PB Developer modifying the PL does not have full "DBO" (Read) access to the Table(s) in question within the PL Class definition. Food for thought.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Romesh Bhavsar
  2. Monday, 26 April 2021 20:09 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

I am connecting through my database user name and that have dba rights. still I am facing this issue. This is causing lot more trouble to team working with PL.

It would be very helpful to us if we have solution to this.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Romesh
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 26 April 2021 21:04 PM UTC
Hi Romesh;

Sounds like this issue might be worth opening a Support Ticket in order to get a deeper look at the problem.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 26 April 2021 06:38 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Romesh,

What’s the database type you are using? What are you using for SQLCA.DBMS?

If you are using SQL Server, I suggest that you can try using SQLCA.DBMS = "MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server" in PB 2019 R3.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
  1. Romesh Bhavsar
  2. Monday, 26 April 2021 17:39 PM UTC
Thanks Ken,

Below is my database connection parameters. Please note that this connection is created in db profile and I am opening pipeline in pipeline painter.

SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)"

SQLCA.ServerName = "db1"

SQLCA.LogId = "user1"

SQLCA.AutoCommit = False

SQLCA.DBParm = "TrustedConnection=1,Provider='SQLNCLI11',Database='db1'"

I could not find the option "MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server" in db param so could not assign this in sqlca.dbms,

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Romesh
  1. Helpful
  1. Ken Guo @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 27 April 2021 02:20 AM UTC
Hi Romesh,

"MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server" is one of the newly added interfaces in PB 2019 R3, thus please upgrade to PB 2019 R3 Build 2703 and then try again.

Regards,

Ken
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.