Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm accessing an NVO method that accepts a datawindow as an argument. The NVO uses DESCRIBE to retrieve the select statement. I tried to use a datawindow variable instead of dropping a datawindow control onto the window. However, Describe("datawindow...
Hi there!Here in my company we have a round 50+ different systems.Let's suppose I have to make a change in one of them. If I have the PBL's in my PC = no problem, just connect to TFS and do a GLV... But what if I don't have them? That's what we do to...
This is almost a verbatim repeat of a question asked a year ago for which I didn't see a conclusive answer. I finished testing two migrations with Oracle 9 and am now ready to test the applications with Oracle 18c. My understanding is that PB19 supp...
Hi - I am receiving an "Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array." when converting a datawindow that uses a stored procedure with 3 parameters to a C# Model.  I believe I tracked down the issue to my retrieval arguments. In my use of this sto...
Hello, What I've been noticing from time to time for quite some time is an issue in how datawindows work with PDF printers (I saw it with Free PDF in Win7, Microsoft Print to PDF in Win10, Amyuni PDF Converter in both Windows versions, probably othe...
Hi Appeon team,   Currently we are using the version Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 with Oracle 12c. Recently Our company planning to upgrade oracle 12c to Oracle 18c. I came to know from my friends that Appeon new release supports Oracle...
Hi, Can anyone point me at code which would recursively read files in directories as well as sub-directories. Recursion is necessary but I need a kick-start... TIA Larry...
Hi We have migrated our client server application to PB 2019. For our new project ,would like to consume a web service. Web service proxy wizard is not available anymore in PB 19. Am I missing something? How do we consume web service in PB 2019 ...
Environment : PB2017 R3 , Windows 10  Batch file has the following command to open "abc.exe" executable from "destination" folder  start "" "%destination%\abc.exe" "Parm1" But the Parm1 is not passed to application, although the Run command works...
Built web service with below transaction Object on window 10 machine which has SQL native client 11 Installed  SQLCA.SERVERNAME = 'XXXXXX'SQLCA.DATABASE = 'DDDDDDDDDD'SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)"SQLCA.LogPass = '********'SQLCA.LogId ...
Hi, I am trying to read data records returned from a web service in json format.  It contains a complex structure and starts as an array.  Please find bellow a sample text.   I need to read all records and from each record find some values. ls_Er...
Hi all One of the features I like most about PB19 R2 is the support .net assemblies. The C# class importer is a very useful tool.  I noticed that C# events are not yet supported. The message I am receiving is "Delegate classes are not supported". ...
Hi, I'm listing all fonts installed on a pc in a dropdown. If a user chooses a font, I want to apply that to a dw column. To do so, I need to set the "font.face" and the "font.family" (values 0 - 6, "Modern", "DontCare", "Roman", "Swiss", etc.) wi...
Hi Appeon & community,   Appeon lists support for the OLEDB driver for MSSQL in PB 2017+. https://www.appeon.com/developers/roadmap/support-sql-server-2017.html   The third generation of OLEDB drivers, and only one currently supported by Microso...
Hello Team, I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 version. As per the business requirement in my project, data will load from excel and display it in screen. But I am finding problem to read data from each sheet around 5-sheets in the same excel file.   ...
Hi PB users, Migrating to x64 our application, I m facing big Crash if my client is wrong configured. (No ORACLE_HOME env variable). CONNECT; is crashing. And I'm not able to catch the error wit Try... CATCH.   gf_info_64 ("Just Before Connect")...
Hi PB users, I'm not familiar with the AMAZON AWS subject and our customers are wondering how they will be able to send emails from our application on AWS. At the moment, on Windows, we have two methods: PB MailSession (MAPI) and SMTP. Do you think...
I have this issue in PB 10.5 and PB 2019. My base DataStore object has a function with the following line of code: Return this.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML   The output has an extra CRLF after the xml header line and another extra one at the very e...
Hi. In the Ribbonbar tutorial ( https://docs.appeon.com/appeon_online_help/pb2019r2/pbug/ch13s03.html#_Add_the_RibbonBar ), it says that you must uncheck the control menu of the sheet windows. How does the user manage the size of sheets windows (ma...
Hello, is it possible to validate XML against XSD file i Powerbuilder? I have XML string (of XML file) and local copy of XSD file. I found XMLParseFile and XMLParseString functions, but i don't know how to tell which XSD file to use... Thank You, ...

There are no discussions available here currently