Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi guys, is there any way to make SharedObjectRegister work with an object contained in a PBL that was dynamically added to the library list via SetLibraryList? We use PBUnit to externally run testcases. The compiled PBUnit application basically loa...
  Good day,   I'm new to powerclient. I want to use the powerclient features coz this is timely for our organization. I already deployed the needed requirements. however, if I browse the website, it doesnt work in google chrome. and when I use int...
If you are an existing licensed PowerBuilder 2017 customer you can download it from the User Center: https://account.appeon.com/download If you are on an older version of PowerBuilder, you can request a free 30-day fully functional trial here: https...
Hi all. I have a RoundRectangle control in my window, in which, every time the mouse passes over it, I can change its color. I don't see events available to do that. Does anyone know how i could do it? Thank you very much for your help.    ...
We are currently using Infomaker 2019.  We have some forms that were created with Infomaker.  We are adding some fields to one of these forms.  However, the fields we are adding have some confidential information.  As a result, we want the user to ve...
Hi All I am reading a CSV file on the local machine and PUTting it to the server using REST service. An example of my csvfile: Year,Make,Model1997,Ford,E3502000,Mercury,Cougar1996,Jeep,Grand Cherokee On the server it looks like this with spaces i...
Hi all. Has anyone ever worked with a .dll made in VB, which one of its functions returns an array of objects (arraylist). In PowerBuilder I can load the result of the function in an ANY type variable, but I am unable to load it into an ANY ARRAY ty...
We have powerbuilder 2019r3 version we just updated it. we are having problem with Save as pdf. files are saving corrupted. please check the log below Faulting module name: PBSHR.dll, version: 19.2.0.2670, time stamp: 0x6009624c   Exception code...
Im working with PB2017R3Testing  QR Barcode Fonts INTRO ----------------- https://www.barcoderesource.com/qrcodebarcode.shtml the example was replicated and QR could be generated, but in a RichText object only The dll function itself translates i...
Last issue before releasing my application using R3.   Below SaveAs command returns a -1 to li_ret. This works on the computer where R3 is installed using gs8.63 GhostScript The same code works under Powerbuilder 2019 Runtime using gs8.63 GhostSc...
i have successfully write code to read id card as Bruce's documents. Now i want to get automatic card reading when insert card to the reader, try to call external function SCardGetStatusChangeW and create SCARD_READERSTATE structures  but failed to c...
PB 2019 R2 on Windows 10   Hi folks, We have a popup window with an RTE, and the window has a spell checker function called through VSPELL32.OCX (we have used it for maybe 20 years) that checks the spelling within the RTE. When we upgraded our app...
For PB Classic - Version 12.0 Build 5530 and PB2019 Version 2019 Build 2082   Client wants spellchecking on certain text fields.  Some controls are edit style, some are OLE Rich Text controls.   Is there a good tested standard others are using o...
I am trying to connect the Oracle 19C DB from PB 2019 R3(Both Source and DB Painter) and also via Application exe, And I am getting the below error.   Do I need to change any settings from PB side.  SQLCA.DBMS = "ORA Oracle" - connecting using this ...
Hi.   We have just upgraded from 2019 R2 to R3. Most of our customers are running just as before, but for one we're having som severe issues with hang in our application. The main difference is that they have 4K monitor and have set scailing of r...
Hi, Our company just bought PB 2019 R3 and want to know if it has TCP/IP functionalities build in, so data can be send/received using TCP/IP connection directly from PB application without using a third party DART TCP/IP OCX control that we are curre...
Hello Everyone, I am not able to find my previous question about MFA. I went thru Bruce's MFA demo and had a question about TOTP. If I use the same secret key and userid would the TOTP be the same no matter which authenticator application was used t...
Hi all, I am trying to amend the database connection-cache: command timeout - where to do the setting? Thank you. JX ...
Hi Experts, Our application have been developed using PowerBuilder 2017. We connect to MS SQL Server using SQL Native Client. When a PC is having both SQL 2008R2 and SQL 2012 Native clients, Our application picks SQL 2008 R2 (Sqlncli10) and connect...
Hi, Using PowerServer 2021 Beta, some datatypes like tinyint(stored procedure), number(datawindow) etc. does not gets automatically converted correctly to C# models and needs to be manually modified and saved. Like tinyint parses to int32 and numbe...

There are no discussions available here currently